Help on deciding on a compact digital camera model

Sophie20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone on thePhotoForum I'm writing to you with maybe not a typical question for help considering that compact digital camera's aren't used almost anymore (atleas I think so). Anyways I'm looking for a replacement for my beloved Casio Exilim EX-S600 as I would like to have a small good quality compact type camera for taking pictures quickly and also that you can easily take with you everywhere without being weighed down I also have a Sony A550 so I know what I'm talking about.

Unfortunately the Casio EX-S600 isn't available to buy anywhwere at the moment in my country :/ (not suprising considering how old this model is) but the Casio models that are currently available I have included here. And now my question is which one according to you would be the best one to choose?

Casio Exilim EX-Z300

Casio Exilim Ex-Z2

Casio Exilim EX-ZS15

Casio Exilim EX-Z850

Casio Exilim Ex-H10

Casio Exilim EX-ZS10

Casio Exilim EX-H5

CASIO EXILIM EX-Z20

CASIO EX-FH20 (I know this isn't quite exactly a compact but I think I could make an exception if it turns out to be the best option

Casio Exilim EX-Z11

Casio Exilim EX-ZR700

As you can see I'm partial to Casio but to be honest even compared to my Sony DSLR I haven't ever had better picture quality than Casio :/ But if someone would like to suggest another model not Casio then I'm open to suggestions :)

Last edited:
As you can see I'm partial to Casio but to be honest even compared to my Sony DSLR I haven't ever had better picture quality than Casio

Does not compute. Seriously, you should be looking at the Sony RX-100 models. Casio hasn't made that camera in YEARS!

and I seriously had to check if this post was from 2001 -- not 2021 -- before replying.

Braineack I'm quite aware that the Casio models I'm asking about are well to say delicately archaic by now. But I'm looking for a used compact camera that is affordable besides image quality (which Casio from personal experience fits perfectly) Unfortunately the Sony compact models you mentioned are way out of my price range since they're still being produced and are offered in stores atleast in my country (Poland) :/

Then I'd pick the newest/best rated model I could of those options. Or just use my Pixel phone...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back