Help photographing some "interesting" objects NSFW

an in hand look

lol

Yes, an image that still shows any information captured in camera vs an an entire illustration drawn over it.

Otherwise why does commercial product photography even exist in the first place?

As I suspected in my previous post, it looks too fake to be straight photography.

That sort of approach is not permissible in N.A., there are advertising standards that must show the product as it is in real life.

Good luck trying to please this client, they already have an impression of the previous art work. Communication with them that illustrations are not your forte and they should show the product as the buyer sees it.

photo-realistic catalog "illustration" can look pretty good

As I suspected in my previous post, it looks too fake to be straight photography.

That sort of approach is not permissible in N.A., there are advertising standards that must show the product as it is in real life.

Good luck trying to please this client, they already have an impression of the previous art work. Communication with them that illustrations are not your forte and they should show the product as the buyer sees it.

Thanks dude, I appreciate it. We'll see, but I doubt they'll change their look to suit the skills of a still life photographer they hired vs just hiring the right person who's more heavy into graphics/illustration now that they are realizing the overwhelming majority of their website images aren't utilizing much to any actual photography.

These are two other examples of what their website images look like. They'd probably save a lot more time just rendering these in 3D in Blender or Keyshot.
HJvwjsk.jpg

2oiAzGf.jpg

My capabilities lay in these shots below which are my work. The toothbrush is still a work in progress, however. I'll see if I can make this work for them but I'm not holding my breath.
FPNdw8u.jpg

xibYb4O.jpg

Last edited:
well contrasting back ground. With the cylinders one could merely hit the numbering with a different color marker...

With what Solidworks or even Autodesk Inventor could in 2008 they need to do some work on their rendering

I'd say your skill level is more than enough to accomplish the task. The issue will be the actual products and do they represent what the client is advertising. I'd also consider budget, you know as do I how long it takes to do quality product work on real products. If you are happy with the budget then do what you can as long as the client understands illustration is not photography and they shouldn't expect that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back