Help With Advice on Taking a Strobe Mobile

rodnunley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Promaster PD300 that I like to use for portraiture. But I would really like to take it out of the studio and get mobile with this workhorse of a strobe. The problem is, of course, that Promaster does not make a battery pack for this device.

I was directed to a Photogenic Ion Lithium-ion Powered Pure Sine Wave Inverter that I could use as a battery pack for the strobe I have and possibly future strobes when I eventually upgrade.

My issue is that this inverter is a $400 (US) investment. As a new father I just don't think that I have quite that much to spend on photo equipment. Does anyone have any alternative options that would work as well to get my strobe and I into the great outdoors?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

---------

My Current Strobe: Amazon.com: Promaster PD300 Studio Flash, 300 Watt Seconds: Camera & Photo

The Inverter Recommended to me: Amazon.com: Photogenic ION Lithium-ion Powered Pure Sine Wave Inverter - Portable Power for Studio Lights: Camera & Photo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I certainly do, but most cost more. ;) Unfortunately, portable power is expensive. That's actually a pretty reasonable price for a pure sine-wave inverter with a replacable battery. If you look around at car places and such, you may be able to find a pure sine wave inverter for use in an automobile for ~$200-250, but it won't have batteries, so you'll have to buy those separately, or keep your car close by. What would be a LOT cheaper is a whole new light. This Flashpoint kit from Adorama comes with a battery pack for only $200.

The other, earlier identical thread was closed, and this later one has been moved to where the other thread is.

The other, earlier identical thread was closed, and this later one has been moved to where the other thread is.

That's cool. It's interesting that when I put the thread in the "correct" sub forum it sat untouched for a few hours but when I put it in the larger more general sub thread it was answered almost right away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back