Help With Camera Purchase Dilemma

Foxer55

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a dilemma in purchasing a new camera. I have been vacillating between a new Canon T3I or Canon SX50. The dilemma is this: I am not a photophile and don't take that many pictures but I do like to have a nice camera on hand in event of the need and am looking at upgrading to, well, something. Right now I have a beautiful Minolta x370 that I bought many years ago with a 30-70mm and 100-300mm lenses that is absolutely mint - leather cases, filters the works.

So, I am looking at either a Canon T3I or Canon SX50 as some upgrade options but every time I look at this Minolta I just get warm and fuzzy about how spotless and perfect it is. Should I keep this as a main camera and go for the Canon SX-50 as an upgrade or the T3i? If I keep the Minolta as a good backup camera I have a film camera for a main camera but at my age (yep, I'm quite old and gnarly) I doubt I'll outlive the demise of film. The SX50 would be less than half the price of a well equipped T3i and a good mid-range camera. On the other hand, the T3i would be really good quality, computer-tech friendly, and a better investment. I think. I will be getting something like a Canon 330 as a beat around pocket camera.

What would you do?

Thanks.

Why is this in the B&W forum?

From the two choices. T3i hands down.

Most reactions

Back