Help With Lens

hdukphotographs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hduk-photographs.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a canon 350d camera with a efs 18-55mm lens i also have a ef 17-40mm lens.I am looking for a good one to use professionally for shooting landscapes.What would be the best one to buy?

The 17-40 F4 L is one of the best 'landscape' lenses...although you can shoot landscapes with any lens really.

What are you looking for that your current lenses don't do for you?

If you want something wider, the Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 is a darn good lens.

I have a Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 which is very close to the quality of the Canon however for landscapes I like using the 10-22mm f3.5-4.5. A great lens.

Sometimes I use the 24-105 f4L or sometimes the 70-200 f2.8L IS...... As Mike says any lens will do.

10-22mm f3.5-4.5

Dun-Mor_-Ellenabeich.jpg

24-105 f4L IS

Forth-Road-Bridge2.jpg

70-200 f2.8L IS

Mull-Sunset.jpg

Good point Pete.

The sharpest lens I have is the Sigma 30mm F1.4.

Thanks for all your help i was just looking to know if there are any more professional lens that the 17-40 f4 L.Im still sort of learning about my camera good to know that this lense isnt so bad.Thanks again.

The EF 16-35 F2.8 L is maybe a better (more professional) lens in this range...because it has the option to use a wider aperture...however, this most likely won't apply to landscape photography...which is usually done at very small apertures.

Any lens can be 'professional'...and long as it's in the hands of a Professional.

If you REALLY take the time to learn that 17-40, you will answer your own question and wonder why you asked it in the first place.

Send for my written guarantee.

Any lens can be 'professional'...and long as it's in the hands of a Professional.[/quote]

Lol very true, im to fast to blame the camera.Thats what i love about this site i get all my silly mistakes corrected by better photographers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back