help with scanned negs...

fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I finally got my scanner to work & scan the negatives. However, they look AWFUL!

crop0004.jpg

I am scanning them on a Umax Astra 600s, using VueScan 8.1.4.

I have tried scanning them on the default settings, and by changing things...

As you can see - I wouldn't want to make a print from this...

The actual photo is very clear, it was a nice day - the sky was blue...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.
Alecia.

i dont know much about scanners, but is it a normal flatbed? and whats its resolution? Film scanners are the only type of scanners that ive seen be able to make photos just as clears as you would from a negative

It's a flatbed scanner with a film atatchment...

wouldn't expect it to be as good as from a normal film scanner, but I would expect better quality than what I got...

I'm not really sure on the resolution...
the book says:
Optical Resolution: 300x600dpi
Maximum Resolution: 4800x4800dpi...

I did scan it as high as I could aswell - but it didn't make much difference...

Any ideas?

I couldn't get the software that came with the scanner to work on my computer. But I'm not sure if that would have anything to do with it anyway...

Please let me know if you have any suggestions...

Dang that sucks man, I have a canon flatbed scaner with film scaning attachement but I get nice quality from the scans. are you sure you´re scaning in high quality? how is your negative film´s condition? are you trying to enhance a little part of the photo, say you are trying to get the jet but the real photo is a big landscape with the jet really far?

I don´t get it even if its in small resolution, the pics don´t look like that. only if you´re trying to magnify a little part of the complete photo it turns out like that because there isn´t enough information for it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back