Help with Shooting Waterfalls

alarionov

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so I am going to visit some family next week and on the way there I will be making a stop at a waterfall to take some pictures. I would love some help on getting the best shot possible. Thanks

Oh here is some flikr photos of the falls I will be going to. these are not mine.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3230/2852705324_9b5e2bd808.jpg?v=0

Well to get the silky flowing look of waterfalls, you will need a long shutter speed and to do this in the day time either a ND (neutral density) filter or you can use a polarizer if you have one.

A tripod also.

Thats what I would do, not sure what you are looking for.

if you don't have an ND filter or a polarizing you can get your aperture up to f/22 have your ISO at 100 and wait for some clouds to cover the sun...not as effective as the filters, but you can get that silky look. Then again you really should buy some filters if you don't have them.

I am in Oregon so the chances of it being sunny are very low. It Will probably be cloudy. So if I understand this the ND filter is to reduce the amount of light coming in and the polorizer is to reduce glare? But if its a cloudy day with moving water will I need either of them? Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back