Here ya go Danny :)

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Woke up early on my one day off, went to visit my Ospreys then straight to the State Park where the Barn Swallows nest. I managed a few keepers :) Comments welcome..

Barn Swallow in flight 5_12 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Barn Swallow in flight 5_12 5 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Barn Swallow in flight 5_12 4 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Barn Swallow in flight 5_12 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Jaysus. I saw these on your flickr as well. Glad to see you nailed it! Didn't take much practice time, either. Beautiful!

Jaysus. I saw these on your flickr as well. Glad to see you nailed it! Didn't take much practice time, either. Beautiful!
Thanks Civ! It is not easy and today was my 5th attempt I think. I gave up on using teleconverters and stuck to 300mm. Just waited for them to get fairly close. The DOF is still so thin though.. 5 out of 250 isn't too bad, lol..

I think you did great on all of them. Isn't it fun deleting? NOT!!!!!! Maybe we should be more like the better professional sports photographers and simply know our craft and birds better so our keeper rate gets up to around 80%. You better start studying man! :) :)

So did you follow Danny's secret man-focus style shooting ?

I tried shooting some Terns last week, and that didn't go over too well using auto style.

Beautiful as always! Whenever I complain about my camera racking focus for a half second while shooting sports, I think of you and your bird photos- and promptly stop complaining :lol:

I think you did great on all of them. Isn't it fun deleting? NOT!!!!!! Maybe we should be more like the better professional sports photographers and simply know our craft and birds better so our keeper rate gets up to around 80%. You better start studying man! :) :)
I can do 80% on Ospreys, but crap, I would love 8% on the swallows, lol

So did you follow Danny's secret man-focus style shooting ?

I tried shooting some Terns last week, and that didn't go over too well using auto style.
Hell no! I briefly thought about it and realized it just wasn't going to work for me, lol..

Very nicely done.
I envy you both! :lol: I have about 987 blurry images of these in flight. They are supremely difficult. Great job on these!
Thank you kindly :)

Beautiful as always! Whenever I complain about my camera racking focus for a half second while shooting sports, I think of you and your bird photos- and promptly stop complaining :lol:
LOL, that's pretty funny. the smallest twitch on the AF and these little bastards are way out of the viewfinder.

:hail: I knew you where going to get it, Very nice. I found tree swallows a few days ago, a bunch of them. Suckers are fast and make some rapid turns and change direction faster then I can blink. I am Going to keep trying until I get one or die trying.:lol:

Problem is, I can only give one like where 50 are needed !!. I was out shooting the other day and was thinking about you getting a few of these and here they are :)

Just magic and I knew these were coming for sure, LOL. Stubborn as I am you are. Not going to pick a favourite because you have some unique behaviour shots there Kris, outstanding shots, but just as outstanding is the work. Extremely tough to get and you nailed it, makes everything else seem easy and tell you what, I love the water as a background. Good clear water for the backgrounds, doesn't get any better.

All the best Kris, really pleased top work here. It had to come ;)

Danny.

These are excellent, Kris.
I'll be happy to get a keeper rate of 8%.

Wow, I love those photos especially #1 and seeing the angle & feather separation of the wings

Dear Kris and Danny,

I need to say this. Please understand that I mean this in the NICEST possible way, but…

I hate you both. :lmao:

God, this is just not EVEN cool! Do you all have swallows that just behave themselves better than the ones I try to shoot, or what?? Because even when I *know* where they're coming from, and there's plenty of them to aim at, they ALWAYS, ALWAYS zig when I zag.

I spent two hours last night out at a local spot, DETERMINED to finally nail focus on one stupid swallow. Just one. There were tree swallows, barn swallows, rough-winged swallows…but there were NO swallows that were slower than my feeble attempts to photograph them.
Then I login and see THIS sh*t?!?!

I really AM just a drunken one-armed monkey with a camera compared to you two.

(P.S. I don't really hate you. You are both far too awesome to ever hate…but I am highly, selfishly, jealous of your skills…)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back