Hey anyone know about this popup I'm getting here?

manda said:
No its not just here. I find that in forefox, any pic on any page, will slowly drop down rather than automatically be there as with IE. I have cable and a fast connection too.
I think I know what you are talking about. I also have cable and it's really hard for me to tell the difference, so I decided to slow things down and logged on with my free NetZero 56k account.

What I've noticed is that IE tends to wait until it interprets most of the page and then "blink" on with all the information. Firefox loads everything except the pics first so you get to see content and have something to read while you are waiting for the pretty pictures to load. This is a lot better for 56k users in my opinion because I was staring at a blank page in IE for a long time. That's probably why it seems that IE has the pictures waiting there for you...it just waits to show you the whole page or most of it but creates a longer wait to see content. Firefox does the opposite and let's you read most of the text/content right away while you wait for pictures to load.

They both seem to load at about the same speed for full completion at least on my comptuer. Anyway, it's really hard for me to tell much of a difference when using my cable modem. It also depends on the website I go to because some sites use different coding.

Most reactions

Back