Hey from Miami!

Freddie0288

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:lmao:

Hey, my names Alfred, or as many call me Freddy..I am a 21 yr old amateur photographer with a Nikon D40...
I use the "stock" 18-55 mm lense...
Hope to find help in many of my photos..
Is there car threads on this forum??
Heres a pic that I took at a recent meet here in Miami.
Meet095-11.jpg

What should be my next lense??
I want to take better pictures at night, seems like the night portrait mode doesn work as good as I want to..also, I like Portrait, Close-Up shots and what not... In addition, I heared Sigma and Tamron are real good, but I dont know which to buy,or should I stick with Nikon??

I like to take Nature/Scenery, People/Portraits, and Cars/Motorcycle photos...

Lastly, I wanted to know which is the best Photoshop program to buy on the market for under $150??
I know they can run as much as $300, but I cant spend that much money on this kind of program...

Thanks for reading my rambling..

Check my blog out if your interested:
ra64freddy.wordpress.com

Welcome to forum!

as far as new lenses go, there are a lot! If you don't wanna spend a lot of money and are looking for a lens that will allow you to shoot in lower light, I would look into the 50mm f/1.8. Although you cannot use autofocus with this lens on your D40, it will still work fine.

Welcome! Very nice picture man. I am really into cars too. I go to a lot of meets down here in PA. Any way if I can't find any car threads for pictures I am gonna make one.

Welcome to forum!

as far as new lenses go, there are a lot! If you don't wanna spend a lot of money and are looking for a lens that will allow you to shoot in lower light, I would look into the 50mm f/1.8. Although you cannot use autofocus with this lens on your D40, it will still work fine.

Thanks for the info...great pics by the way!
I checked out your flickr...

Welcome! Very nice picture man. I am really into cars too. I go to a lot of meets down here in PA. Any way if I can't find any car threads for pictures I am gonna make one.

Awesome man..DO IT!
I'm sure alot of people will post some great shots..
;)

Welcome to this site and I am also newbie here.
My name is Camelia and I have just recently join this site.
I am here to interact with people and definitely get
the information regarding experiencefestival community.
Glad to join this site.

Welcome aboard! Lenses ... haha, there are SO many. The D40 is a good body to start out with, it does quite a bit and its a great learning instrument. Congrats! A 50mm with a F 1.8 is great for night photographer. The F-stop being so low is going to allow a lot more light in, and that's going to get you a better shot. Shop around on Ebay and on the Buy and Sell threads on here to get a great deal on your equipment. Also, be sure to check out any local camera stores down there that will let you rent lenses so you can see what you really like and what you can handle!

Happy Shooting!

I highly recommend you grab yourself a Tokina 12-24mm f/4. It will give you the ultra-wide angle you often see in the magazines from a low angle which is pretty dramatic on cars and bikes. Its not a lens you'll want to use much on people because of the distortion but will work well in landscapes. With that and your kit lens you'll have the equivalent of 18-82mm covered which is pretty versatile. Then you can aim for 70-200 or 80-200 later down the line.

As far as shooting with less light. Unfortunately the best thing you can do if you're shooting cars at night is not spend a bunch of money on a faster lens (1.4,1.8, etc) because it won't give you the depth of field you need. Instead, get yourself a proper tripod and use longer shutter speeds at low ISOs. Your sensor on the D40 is far from spectacular so this might be your best bet.

-Javier

:lmao:

Hey, my names Alfred, or as many call me Freddy..I am a 21 yr old amateur photographer with a Nikon D40...
I use the "stock" 18-55 mm lense...
Hope to find help in many of my photos..
Is there car threads on this forum??
Heres a pic that I took at a recent meet here in Miami.
Meet095-11.jpg

What should be my next lense??
I want to take better pictures at night, seems like the night portrait mode doesn work as good as I want to..also, I like Portrait, Close-Up shots and what not... In addition, I heared Sigma and Tamron are real good, but I dont know which to buy,or should I stick with Nikon??

I like to take Nature/Scenery, People/Portraits, and Cars/Motorcycle photos...

Lastly, I wanted to know which is the best Photoshop program to buy on the market for under $150??
I know they can run as much as $300, but I cant spend that much money on this kind of program...

Thanks for reading my rambling..

Check my blog out if your interested:
ra64freddy.wordpress.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back