Hey guys...I need some help identifying this photo???

David A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, my photography teacher asked me if I could find out who took this...So I am coming to you guys, the TPF community, for help. He said it was probably done somewhere in Arizona/Southwest (for obvious reasons :p) and that the photographer is somewhat well recognized...Anyway...thanks for the help.

-David

Here's the picture:

Ansel Adams did a lot of shooting in that region (I think)...he's very well known.

Did you try taking the matte off and looking for a signature or identifying mark?

That’s a damn odd question! Could be any photographer for a movie studio, park service our even back to the Powell expeditions. Hell it could be one of Joseph Smith or John Wayne’s vacation pictures.:lmao:

Lee Friedlander did a Series on the Sonoran Desert. I wasn't able to find that pic though in the few that were visable online.

Well...it's not an assignment...he just asked me if I could find out for him because it was given to him and he wants to know who did it...he knows I go on a few different forums and figured I could find out from you guys...

Anyway, thanks for the help...I'm going to go through a few of those and see what I can find...

:)

Jeff Canes said:
Is there anything write on the back that might be a clue

I'll check tomorrow...he just asked me to set it up and get a shot of it and find out...perhaps some extra-credit will be in order. :mrgreen:

I would love to have that picture in my room! Might print it off :lol: Sorry, I'm no good at finding out photographers. But like Jeff said, it could be anyone. If it's someone famous, it'd be easier...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back