Hey, I am Joshie. :D

Joshie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshiesphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, I am very much new on here. This is the first photography forum I have ever joined out of few others, I am usually very picky when it comes to choosing which forums to join and this forum was no brainer for me. They call me Joshie which is my nick name, I just started out my own photography career recently when my mother bought me a DSLR camera for my birthday (march 18th). Was going to get myself a DSLR but my mother wanted to pay for it for my birthday, so from that day was the beginning of my photography career. I am not only a photographer, I am also a web developer and web designer, I am a long-time web developer ever since 2004 and same with web design. I am still web developer and web designer and always will be, but so I will always be a photographer too. Having two self-employed jobs to get extra money in my pocket, although I always have a passion to be a photographer for long time ever since I was a child who couldn't stop taking photographs with double mirrorless camera, that long big camera. From there, I realize the importance of photographs... Memories for many generations, and for people to be able to see what my eyes see, something beautiful without words.

But yes. Hello guys, and looks like I am going to be enjoying on here and may be asking for one or two advices every now and then if I ever need some regarding photography and I am also glad that this is my first photograph forum, so congratulation... You popped my camera's cherry! ;)

Welcome aboard Joshie!

Welcome to the site.

Thanks IceCanAm! Nice Can Am, I am also a ATV rider. But not a Can Am, although it's Can Am's competitor... Polaris. ;)

I just started out my own photography career recently when my mother bought me a DSLR camera for my birthday (march 18th). Was going to get myself a DSLR but my mother wanted to pay for it for my birthday, so from that day was the beginning of my photography career.

Welcome to the forum. Is your DSLR your first camera? What kind of background do you have in photography?

I just started out my own photography career recently when my mother bought me a DSLR camera for my birthday (march 18th). Was going to get myself a DSLR but my mother wanted to pay for it for my birthday, so from that day was the beginning of my photography career.

Welcome to the forum. Is your DSLR your first camera? What kind of background do you have in photography?

DSLR isn't my first camera. My first camera was double mirrorless camera, very old one at that back when I was very much a child. I have owned several cameras but that was several compact cameras, so this dslr camera. Yes, is my first DSLR camera but not a camera. I have a bit experience in photography, actually. I was in college for web designs and multimedia, so that's a mix of web designs and photography/video/art so I have studied quite a bit however I didn't graduated as I dropped out in a year out of three due to financial issue. But doing photography for career? This is absolutely my first time doing so, before I didn't even know how to be a professional until I decide to push myself into be a professional however I know about photographs by DSLR, technical about camera. But how to take photographs? Not so much and that's what I am currently learning. I mean, only problem I need to work on is to learn about aperture, ISO and shutter speed a bit.

Sorry about my grammar and spelling, a lot of you will be seeing some errors in my grammar and a bit of spelling so please bear with me.

Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited:
Welcome to the party!! Beer is in the fridge, down the hall to your left!

Uh oh... sounds like you're picky about your beer. lol

Welcome to TPF and hope you learn a lot here. Going into the photography business is a tough road, good luck.

Welcome aboard, Joshie. Did you remember to bring Mishele some bacon? We must keep her happy at all costs. ;)

Most reactions

Back