Hi guys im new to this forum and have a quick question...

Charlie Gardiner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
charliesnaps.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

So ive just signed up to this forum for three reasons.

1) I would like to try and give advice and help others if at all possible. I wish I had signed up to a forum like this when I first started out in my photography instead of spending hours and hours trying to figure out where to start on my own.

2) I would like to learn from others, no matter how advanced you are in your photography I think there's always room for improvement and to learn some more.

3) I shamelessly want to help grow my travel photography blog as well (might as well be honest from the start right?) This is where my question lies.

I write original articles about all sorts of topics that are genuinly full of helpful content (especially to newbies). What is the stance on posting some of these articles to this forum when (and only when) they are relevant? I dont want to start off on the wrong foot by offending people and coming across as spammy.

Like I said I genuinely want to help people. Im aware that the only way to grow a successful blog is with good honest intentions so thats what I am trying to do.

Thanks alot for reading, any advice would be appreciated!

Welcome to TPF Charlie, and thank-you for asking in advance. Giving and receiving advice is a given; that's what we're all about here, and as I'm sure you can tell, it's an active forum with many members ranging from full time pros to "I just got my camera yesterday, what's an 'f' stop" skill levels. Ask away, respond with advice/answers as you desire. The only caveat is to please not hijack a thread. You're more than welcome to start as many new threads as you want, but we like to keep each one relevant to the original post/question.

With respect to the matter of your blog, you may post the articles, in their entirety in the 'Articles of Interest' forum, or another appropriate forum if the subject matter dictates. We do not however permit link backs to personal websites or blogs. Posts such as, "Read my article on <topic>.. click this link" are not permitted.

You may include a link to your personal or professional website in your signature area, provided that link doesn't take the visitor to a page which is meant to either (a) sell them goods/service or (b) competitive in nature (another photo forum, etc). The signature link is actually very beneficial to you in terms of SEO.

Welcome to TPF Charlie, and thank-you for asking in advance. Giving and receiving advice is a given; that's what we're all about here, and as I'm sure you can tell, it's an active forum with many members ranging from full time pros to "I just got my camera yesterday, what's an 'f' stop" skill levels. Ask away, respond with advice/answers as you desire. The only caveat is to please not hijack a thread. You're more than welcome to start as many new threads as you want, but we like to keep each one relevant to the original post/question.

With respect to the matter of your blog, you may post the articles, in their entirety in the 'Articles of Interest' forum, or another appropriate forum if the subject matter dictates. We do not however permit link backs to personal websites or blogs. Posts such as, "Read my article on <topic>.. click this link" are not permitted.

You may include a link to your personal or professional website in your signature area, provided that link doesn't take the visitor to a page which is meant to either (a) sell them goods/service or (b) competitive in nature (another photo forum, etc). The signature link is actually very beneficial to you in terms of SEO.

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Just to clarify, when you say posting the article in its entirety do you mean copy and pasting the article text into a new post or specifically linking to only that article?

Thanks again!

Yes, copy and paste the article here .. on TPF. So we can read what you want us to read here.

ie, no link to go back to your website.

Bienvenido a TPF !

Most reactions

Back