Hi, im a newbie when it comes to lighting equipment. (NEED HELP!)

rudylovesfood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, im a casual photographer, but i got offered to do a photo shoot this friday. I can finally put my skills to the test but im also a bit worried about not taking the best pics. It's going to be a outdoor scene. I was thinking about buying wireless transmitters & putting my speedlite on a umbrella stand. Dont know much on that works yet, or should i just use reflectors? I love using my 50mm 1.8 for the depth of field effect. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's a page of couple of my pics if interested on how i shoot.
Rudy

Last edited:
Welcome to the site!

I would stick with what you know on the upcomming shoot. Think about what you want to add to your equipment and then learn how to use it before you show up to a shoot. IMO, NEVER show up to a shoot and try something new that you have no knowledge with yet.

Good luck! Let's see some pics after your shoot...

Today is Wednesday the shoot is on Friday.
Forget the lighting equipment....there is a steep learning curve.
Shoot what you know, agree with the poster above.

Couldn't agree more with cnutco. Don't do a "shoot" with un-tried equipment or techniques unless there are NO expectations.

What they have said! ^^ In the meantime, work on improving your knowledge of exposure; most of the images on your website range from mildly to severly under-exposed. Good luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back