Hi, I'm new to this site.. / what do you guys think of the Canon EOS 60D?

Subscuck - Nikons AF motor is in the lens too. The older lens w/o the AF motor are not compatible with the D300-d5100 as far as I know. Is Canons AF motor in the lens too or the body?

For the most part, older Nikon lenses without AF motor will mount on newer Nikon cameras and work. You just have to manually focus if your Nikon camera doesn't have a built-in focus motor.

Subscuck - Nikons AF motor is in the lens too. The older lens w/o the AF motor are not compatible with the D300-d5100 as far as I know. Is Canons AF motor in the lens too or the body?

Nikon's newer lenses have built in AF motors. The older designs w/o lens motors are compatable (I'm talking about the older designs Nikon still manufactures, not 50's or 60's era glass), but will be manual focus only. IIRC, you will get a focus confirmation light when in focus. All Canon lenses, and third party lenses for Canon mount, have the motor built into the lens. Canon bodies have no AF motors.

Another vote for the D7000 here. I did a ton of research before buying the D7000. I liked the fact that it has some of the most up to date technology, metal body that should hold up better, and weather sealed. I felt it was a camera that would last me for a long time and I could grow with it. The reviews certainly put this as one of the top DSLR's for the serious amateur photographer. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new hobby.

I have aT1i kit for sale with everything you need to start out (tripod, some filters, Bag, battery grip w. remote + everything that came in box, battery,cables,CDs,Strap,charger + 8GB card) Let me know if you are interested, it will come in a few hundred below your limit. Everything is in great condition BTW.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back