lizheaemma

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alipearsonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tried playing with the lights in my itty-bitty house....

C&C Welcomed and appreciated...
Attempt at high key.

Lizzie1-1.jpg

lizzie7.jpg

lizzie6.jpg

lizzie4-1.jpg

You are on the right track but not quite there. High key is not just a white background. Work on lighting your subject high key as well. For now these are just mid key on a white background.

they look un natural... since when did people do that "scared look"?

Background looks too bright to me. It seems like there is chromatic abberation and flare.

So the more that I looked at these the more I was feeling that the colour was a bit weak, so I re-edited.... and I'm feeling a little better about them...
Any thoughts.... better.... worse....

lizzie12.jpg

lizzie72.jpg

lizzie62.jpg

lizzie42.jpg

It feels to me like the shadow on her right cheek is too deep....if that makes sense. It makes the skin tone on what appears to be most of the right side of her face kind of brown/red. It also throughs one of her eyes into this kind of awkward shadow.

Kind of like....."I'm not bright enough to be high key, but I'm not dark enough to be moody and fine art-sy."

Number 2 is the best image in my opinion. There is not shadow on her eye, and the shadow isn't overwhelming like in the last image. Image 1 and two have the best lighting IMHO, but 1 seems a bit dark. Maybe if you dodged her skin a little bit? Or messed with the levels?

I'm not really a studio photographer, so I'm not really sure if anything I'm saying makes sense. It's just what I've observed.

Good and valid points that I can address. Your comments are very much appreciated. I was really struggling with the umbrella /flash that was on that side and need to figure that out.

lol jackwagon.... I have so many uses for that word!

I had to look it up (I don't watch TV)..lol

jackwagon

a crybaby loser Pu$$y-type who needs to grow some cajones and start acting like a man.

A useless piece of equipment, usually military, used to refer to a mule-drawn freight wagon which had been pieced together from dicarded or substandard parts, and subject to frequent breakdowns. Jackwagons typically were good for only one or two uses, then abandoned or discarded along roadsides and in ditches, and were often re-cannibalized to create new jackwagons.

Urban Dictionary: jackwagon

photo.jpg

Flash behind model pointed at white backdrop with a little velcro on refelector that I made for directing flash..

Strip box was angled towards her and slightly over her

umbrella L at 45 and not doing what I wanted it to...

50mm 1.8

Most reactions

Back