Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was supposed to be a high-key shot, but I goofed my lighting ratio and have done my best to salvage it in the pixel room; I'm not sure if I've done a good even job, because I can see the original, but I'd like some input from the community as to whether this is a keeper, or looks like a goofed image that's been salvaged.

Kelsey%20(4).jpg

Other than the odd angle of her left arm, and that it looks like you cloned out the cell phone in her right hand, I don't see an issue.

OK, well, maybe the green bra.

Hmmm... now that you've mentioned the "missing" cell-phone, that's all I can see! :lol:

Looks a little like a stock shot that is missing a prop or theme. But in terms of high key and lighting, it looks good to me.

Thanks - wasn't so worried about the pose, etc as the lighting, but yeah, I see exactly what you mean.

There does look to be a little color shift coming from her left side (our right)...almost as if you had some tungsten lighting on that side. Maybe a little visible on her hair & face, not a big deal because it works well with her color, but it's clearly evident on her shirt. Doesn't kill the shot, but enough to bother someone who looks for that kind of thing.

Also, it looks like you did some masking (or straight up cloning) work around her. It looks a little obvious around her hair. Again, not killing the shot, but as someone who's done it many times, it stands out to me.

No masking/cloning, but I see what you mean about the light; now that's bothering me too. I'm going to bin this series and schedule a reshoot.

No masking? Well she (or maybe you) did a great job of controlling flyway hairs.

It's hard to tell from the image size provided, but it looks like her right pupil is underexposed compared to the left pupil even though the lighting across her face seems to be even. Also yeah the green undershirt is distracting. +2 for redheads.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back