Hiking with a Tripod

So are we talking just dayhikes or big overnighters?. For me when I went bacpacking I always would put my tripod on the op of my pack. See I have an external frame pack so the top flap would be big enoug to hold my tripod in place.

Backpack.jpg

If I was going on as dayhike I would use my Lowepro

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Backpacks/allWeather/Rover_Plus_AW.aspx

RoverPlusAW_right_n.jpg

The beauty of this is you have a compartment for your gear plus room (alot) on top to carry other things like food etc. there are water bottle pockets and a good solid system for lashing your tripod on the outside. Even better there is a rain cover tucked into the bottom of the bag and I can assure you after going through a 10 minute monsoon rain in Mexico it is watertight. I also know some of the newer (and of course pricier) ones have a compartment fo a laptop.

None of you have learned the "dog leash technique"?? I'm shocked!!!!

Place loop around base of lens. Let leash drop to ground. Step on leash. Pull upwards until tight. :) Shoot away!

of course i know of that technique (although not under this term ;) ), and it is better than nothing. However, try shooting a parallax-error free mountain panorama without a proper tripod, ... or a 10 seconds exposure ;)

this is how I do it these days ...

packing.jpg

adds up to 30+something kg, depending on the amount of food I need to take and depending on the expected altitude/temperature range.

would be fun to see other people's solutions to this problem :)

Well I showed you mine but the tripod was not in. I usually put it where my pad is on top. Also, I have to hand it to you for the gear you carrythat bag on the front has got to be a bear. I guess I don't have too much to say though i have taken my Bronica on a backpacking trip.

Most reactions

Back