Hobbies

Where to begin...
I also watch my Habs (Montreal Canadiens) religiously, huge fan.

Oh, yes, how could I have left this off the list?? Add to the very top of my list:
--Watching Football. EVERY chance I get. And if there's no football, then basketball. Or baseball. Or soccer. Or even hockey. Or golf. I am a rabid sports fan!!

Hmmm... I started thinking about this and there's a lot... Probably too many hobbies in my life lol.

Besides photography, I....
---Play guitar and sing in a band with 2 of my friends (we really need a drummer...).
---Skateboard/Longboard religiously. In the summer I do this almost daily, and whenever there's no snow in the winter.
---Learn about physics. I am amazed by modern science and quantum physics and space/time. Very little known fact about me but I study this stuff all the time in my free time on the internet.
---Make computer apps. Yes, I write computer software. Not nearly as much as I used to though. I started this when I was about 12, and wish I still did it as much.
---Go camping. I camp at least 2 weeks total out of every summer. I'd do more if I could but I can't... I also camp in tents. I hate campers/RV's. Its not real camping!!!

Ok that's all I got haha, thanks

All my hobby's I enjoy seem to be expensive ones, which causes me to flip flop between them depending on the season or what's going on in my life.

1. Love working on my car, previously it was an Audi A4 currently its a VW GLI.
2. I am an avid video gamer, mostly PC but some console. I work in the video game industry so this comes at no surprise.
3. Computer hardware, goes along with the games. I have to keep my main machine reasonably up to date to play whats latest. I research hardware a lot in my free time though most of that has been turned into photography time more recently.

I am pretty much done with car upgrades, so its mostly just maintenance now. Computer is also in a pretty good shape for this year. Due to this most of my free time is split between video games and photography.

I drink.

But, yes, I do it seriously enough that I spent 3 weeks in Scotland once going through every possible Scotch maker.

And spent another 2 weeks in the Champagne (the only wine I drink) area to check out the small producers.

I am also a Vinyl collector. Although a weird one in a way because I only buy music I like. I do not collect just to collect, hell no. And that is not to say that I do not buy collectors' items, I do, but only to resell them and buy more stuff for ME. :)

Recently bought a picture disc at a very good price just for the purpose of reselling it at 3 times what I had paid for it. Seller beware, lol. But, hey, it allows me to pick up more stuff for myself.

Also see what I said about the Scorpions' "Virgin Killer" album in another thread.

I lost count a very long time ago but my collection is somewhere between 10 and 20,000 albums. And for quite a while now, my buys have been paid for by reselling stuff I couldn't care less about.

Yes, I am a nut. :lol:

I've got a couple more hobbies but that's enough for now, :)

^^^^^ If drinking counts......I guess that's a hobby of mine too....lol
I'm a wine nut. I also like Port wines w/ chocolate......yum!!

^^^ Come on over!!

Lol, +1 for drinkin. I live in the land of micro brews, and love tryin new ones as I find em.

Aside from that, Im into cars. Lookin at em, workin on em, drivin em. I spend the summers at car shows, and the winters collecting parts for builds. Im also into metal working. Im a machinist by trade, but it started as a hobby. I still enjoy it as a hobby, and take on side jobs all the time to keep it new and interesting.

Reading is most certainly a valid hobby!!! It's certainly one of mine.

After that Gameworkshop, Hordes and Dystopian Wars would count as my model based hobbies (and one day maybe I will bother to learn to paint - I really really should!)

Then I've the computer and games, can't forget them. Mostly RTS kinds with some turnbased and RPG games.

I cook compulsively. Living in Vermont the variety of fresh produce is endless, so I'm always experimenting with new recipes and new ingredients. I like to eat out at new restaurants as well, but I don't very often, as it can get expensive quickly, and I can usually get better nutrition at home. I hike a bunch (and sometimes camp), and that also often involves photography. I'm into road cycling (and some offroad), and I think this winter I'm going to take up snow-shoeing. I also play piano and keyboards whenever I can (although that has become more of a meditation than a hobby). I like to travel around to see certain bands when they're on tour. Mostly jambands, where the music is spontaneous, so it's actually worth it to see 5 or 6 shows in a row. A few times each summer I go to a music festival, where you camp out for a few days and see lots of great music.

I suppose you could say that any combination of the outdoors, eating, and art, I'll probably be into...

analog.universe said:
I cook compulsively. Living in Vermont the variety of fresh produce is endless, so I'm always experimenting with new recipes and new ingredients. I like to eat out at new restaurants as well, but I don't very often, as it can get expensive quickly, and I can usually get better nutrition at home. I hike a bunch (and sometimes camp), and that also often involves photography. I'm into road cycling (and some offroad), and I think this winter I'm going to take up snow-shoeing. I also play piano and keyboards whenever I can (although that has become more of a meditation than a hobby). I like to travel around to see certain bands when they're on tour. Mostly jambands, where the music is spontaneous, so it's actually worth it to see 5 or 6 shows in a row. A few times each summer I go to a music festival, where you camp out for a few days and see lots of great music.

I suppose you could say that any combination of the outdoors, eating, and art, I'll probably be into...

Can I move in with you? I can't cook at all!!

You should check out my cooking blog! Vegan Vermonter I talk a lot of theory, not just recipes :)

Nice photos in the blog! One of my hobbies is cooking. I REALLY liked your About page and the recipe theory concept; a lot of my friends ask for my recipes, and they get a wee bit bent out of shape (worried, or trepidation-tinged I guess would be better descriptions) about recipes that are not "Exact". It's as if when I say "six shakes of Worchestershire sauce: or "ten grinds of pepper"--they want some kind of measurement down to the c.c. on the sauce, and to the micro-grams on the pepper...and phrases like "Until it's golden brown," are followed by, "but how many minutes is that?"...AS IF I COOK IN THEIR PANS, ON THEIR STOVES!!! Doah!!!!!!

I look forward to reading some of your recipes!

One of my hobbies is fishing lure design and building. Kind of a fun handicraft.

Nice photos in the blog!

Thanks!

...and phrases like "Until it's golden brown," are followed by, "but how many minutes is that?"...AS IF I COOK IN THEIR PANS, ON THEIR STOVES!!! Doah!!!!!!

Yes! This sentiment is very frustrating, I get it all the time. One of my hopes with the blog is to get people to observe and pay attention to their ingredients, so that they're actually able to make their own decisions. Folks who rely on recipes to spell everything out are missing out on so many amazing flavors.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back