Holiday Wine C&C Please!

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure exactly what's going on here. I like this one, but something doesn't seem all there. Shot w/ my d40 and 55-200vr (only lens i have right now)

Thoughts?

xmas2.jpg

I like it.

Only minor thing I don't like is how the wine focused the background.
It's nice and out of focus, but then you can see it pretty clearly through the wine.
Maybe try darker wine? Maybe try to clean up the glass a little too.

Just a few ideas in case you try it again...
All in all, I still like it.

peekay:

not sure i could do anything about that honestly, its from Christmas lights, and I compensated for them as best I could. The reflection i dunno what to say about, perk of the pic.

was just practicing and wanted some input, thanks! what do you think could be done for future advise for the OOF areas? im not sure they are overexposed, least they dont look like it to me on my laptop, do u think it should be a stop or two under in the background?

jeep guy! (i think):

im a [ ] I I I I I I [ ]

haha, but thanks for the input. i didnt think to clean the glass, im a tard.

this is the darkest wine we currently have! boooo

what do you think could be done for future advise for the OOF areas?

Looks fine to me how it is now. A little overexposure on the lights is probably unavoidable.

Besides, whoever said that every single pixel had to be perfectly exposed?

edit

LOL, yeah - Jeep. :)

what do you think could be done for future advise for the OOF areas?

Looks fine to me how it is now. A little overexposure on the lights is probably unavoidable.

Besides, whoever said that every single pixel had to be perfectly exposed?

edit

LOL, yeah - Jeep. :)

yea i was thinking the same thing but who am i to argue? i just got the camera in june and this lens on Christmas and havent had much time to practice.

haha sweet. Jeep ftw! building an XJ myself, ill have pix of it sometime :thumbup:

building an XJ myself, ill have pix of it sometime :thumbup:

Sweet. ...Went through a few XJs, lol! Always loved them though (probably why I kept buying them, lol.)

Great composition. I think the wine glass is a tad under exposed, and I find that the reflextions in the bottom of the glass are distracting (black foam core solves this)

Great composition. I think the wine glass is a tad under exposed, and I find that the reflextions in the bottom of the glass are distracting (black foam core solves this)

thanks. slightly perhaps. i was trying to go for a tad darker feel and maybe went a little overboard? sorry, im learning w/ reflections.

no clue what you mean by black foam core, but ill look it up :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back