Home Automation

pgriz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone here do any work with home automation? Specifically, I'm looking for info on measuring and recording data such as temperature, humidity, etc., in a cloud or smart-phone app.

I have a yellow writing tablet and a pen I swiped from somewhere. And a dumb phone.

I have a yellow writing tablet and a pen I swiped from somewhere. And a dumb phone.
Yeah, those are pretty versatile. But I'm working up a project and need a quick bootup in terms of what components are available, which are wish-ware and which are actual, proven items.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I installed an alarm system with a built Zwave controller and this allows me to control lights, HVAC, smoke/C02, motors, locks, temp, water sensors...etc.

Sounds like you are looking for a standalone system and I would highly recommended the MI Casa Verda system a lot of support Web and mobile app and ton of Web help.

Amazon.com: Mi Casa Verde VeraLite Home Controller, White and Green: Home Improvement

Thank you, Mike. Will look into it. I need to research what z-wave devices are available. Are you doing any data capture, or are you using the device strictly as a controller?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I am controlling lights to turn on and off at a given time. Also door and motion sensors and the system keeps a day or so of logs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back