TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
buffalohunt005-1.jpg

buffalohunt007-2.jpg

All crits are welcome
buffalohunt039-1.jpg

I'll dive in here. No one should sink to the bottom without a comment except me. :)

It looks like you live in a lovely area with great potential, and of these three shot, I like the third the most. They seem to suffer a bit from composition problems. For the most part, containg distracting elements (fence posts). I suggest initially shooting the photos with the subject off to the side a bit one way or another. Try to draw the viewer into the photo. Tell a story.

I do like the first shot too. But the centeredness and the fence post coming out of his elbow sort of detract from the feeling I get from it.

The third would be better if it didn't include the fence post in the front and maybe shot from a little lower angle to break up some of the lines.

Click this link for a search on basic photo composition tips and tricks.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=basic+photo+composition

Check it out. Looking forward to seeing some more shots of your part of God's Country.

I'm going to second abraxas on there being a lot of potential for you to shoot in your area. And with all those horses, yay, looking forward to seeing more. Gotta give all the bird & otter shots a run for their money :wink:

Neat shot of the bit design in #2, I've never seen one like it.

Thanks so much for the crits, both of you. You are both right on with your comments. I love horses so I guess it's hard for me to see the forest for the tress... the bit i put up just to show the unusualness of it.

Will continue to work on form, setting and artistice composition...:wink:

Carly

Most reactions

Back