What's new

HOT Lens !!

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
935
Reaction score
173
Location
S. Idaho
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love my 7D but that 8fps sure plays hell with my equipment !!!

9648757345_a81eec87d6_c.jpg
 
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
 
is that a broken lens re-purposed as an ash tray?
 
I've seen the coffee mug ones, they look awesome.
 
Interesting concept, but it might work better if the lens was on a camera body.
 
I don't think shooting fast would 'cause your lens to heat up...
Cool picture though
 
Fooled me. I thought it was a lens with smoke cloned in. lol

On the other hand. If it's steam rising from java, why is it blue?
 
Fooled me. I thought it was a lens with smoke cloned in. lol

On the other hand. If it's steam rising from java, why is it blue?


Simple .............It's Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Murray .... it's a coffee cup, not a lens ..... it's incense inside the cup, not coffee ..... it's 'supposed to' look like a "Hot Lens" ..... I thought it worked !!! :wink:
 
Rick, I drink Jamaican Blue Mountain. Its steam isn't blue. :wink:

The only things I know of that make blue smoke are cigarettes and some kinds of incense. Most smoke is gray or black. Ganja is brown. Burning lenses? Who knows. It's a cool concept that just doesn't quite work for me visually. No biggie. Perhaps it's because of how the smoke hits the right side and climbs the edge. It feels contained.

Opinions are worth what you pay for them, though. If you like it, that's all that matters.
 
Last edited:
Rick, I drink Jamaican Blue Mountain. Its steam isn't blue. :wink:

The only things I know of that make blue smoke are cigarettes and some kinds of incense. Most smoke is gray or black. Ganja is brown. Burning lenses? Who knows. It's a cool concept that just doesn't quite work for me visually. No biggie. Perhaps it's because of how the smoke hits the right side and climbs the edge. It feels contained.

Opinions are worth what you pay for them, though. If you like it, that's all that matters.

Jamaican Blue Mountain rocks !! - A little good java and some Shu koh koku incense - add a little vintage Oscar Peterson, and you have a nice evening ... Just thought I'd have some fun with a coffee cup .. :D

Hey - I encourage others to visit your website... I like your style. Something I try and emulate - a little vibrant and in-your-face but technically correct photography!! I specialize in landscapes and I really like your shots.. :thumbup:
 
I thought you were going to tell us about the 50mm f1.4 Super Takumar. It was made with low-dispersion thorium glass, that allowed them to reduce one element in the design, making it sharper and contrastier. I have one, and it's a winner. But when I tell you that's a hot lens, I can back the claim up with a Gieger counter.

It's not really dangerous; just don't carry it in your pocket.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom