How do I get images like these??

soft lighting and correct exposure...thats it

Don't forget to white balance! Shooting a gray card with set color values can help you adjust specific colors in the image as well.

Don't forget to white balance! Shooting a gray card with set color values can help you adjust specific colors in the image as well.

...and learn some post processing because you aren't going to have perfect lighting and perfect exposure, and perfect white balance every shot nor are these RAW files coming out looking like they do on this website. I would recommend learning to use photoshop and LAB mode for boosting color and using the lightness channel for sharpening. Search google and Youtube.

Most likely a very fast portrait prime lens (f1.2/f1.4), 2 or 3 studio lights and good post processing skills.

...and learn some post processing because you aren't going to have perfect lighting and perfect exposure, and perfect white balance every shot nor are these RAW files coming out looking like they do on this website. I would recommend learning to use photoshop and LAB mode for boosting color and using the lightness channel for sharpening. Search google and Youtube.

Which editing software is best for this?? I have elements 6 but it isn't in there :x

Most likely a very fast portrait prime lens (f1.2/f1.4), 2 or 3 studio lights and good post processing skills.
And what studio lights do you recommend for outdoors?

Listen, learn your camera (general statement), learn the techniques and with practice as much as possible and you're guaranteed to get good results. Then one day someone else will look at your photos and ask the same question as you did.

As for editing software, there are so many out there. If you google, you can find tons and what features fits your need.

(Edit): As for the lighting, to practice you can start cheap. You can go strobe like I am, or you can get continuous lighting. Either will work. Start with 2 and add more as time come. When you're good at it, spend the extra money and get the good stuff (you get what you pay for).

You can also try to work with studios, free, for practice...

Baby steps....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back