What's new

How do I make White snow

briand7878

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok im kinda new to photography but I have some good equipment. I just got a new Nikon 70-200 today and went out to take some pics. Im not looking for any critique on this pic because I already know it sucks. What im looking for is how to make the snow not look blue right out of the camera. I know how to fix it in post production but how do I get the snow to actually look white? By the way my camera is a Nikon D90.
test045.jpg
 
What software do you have?

This looks like mostly a white balance issue. This can be fixed in just a few clicks with the right software.
 
WB x2. Shooting in RAW FTW!
 
Sorry, i only know how to make yellow snow! :sexywink:

JK .... its your color temperature. Shoot in RAW and when you go to process the image it should be adjustable. Not available in JPEGS (as far as i know).
 
totally a WB issue, if you have any sort of photo editing program just click auto levels and it will get it pretty close.
 
Adobe generally does a good job with correcting WB with "Auto Color".
 
I know how to do it in post production. Thats pretty easy. To adjust the white balance in my camera should i just take a pic of the snow to use as the w/b background?
 
That should be fine. What WB setting were you using on this one? (...I suspect...AWB?)

Daylight should also give you good results...
 
I think it was AWB.
 
looks like the WB was off.

With a few WB changes in photoshop this is what I came up with... hope you don't mind.

Zach


Photo originally shot by: Briand7878
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom