How do sports photographers obtain such incredible images in post processing?

First off o would not call that sports photography, that is portraiture. To me looks like HDR or possibly single image tone mapping.

First off o would not call that sports photography, that is portraiture. To me looks like HDR or possibly single image tone mapping.

I know what HDR is but What is single image tone mapping and how is it done?

TPF rules and regs prohibit us from posting photos we didn't make. Photography Forum & Digital Photography Forum FAQ

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.

because of international copyright laws like the Berne Convention, and the general expectation of the copyright owner that people won't copy their work without their expressed written permission.

The US Copyright office notes that when it come to the issue of 'fair use': My emphasis.

The distinction between fair use and infringement may be unclear and not easily defined. There is no specific number of words, lines, or notes that may safely be taken without permission. Acknowledging the source of the copyrighted material does not substitute for obtaining permission.

I know what HDR is but What is single image tone mapping and how is it done?

Just like you tone map a HDR image you can also tone map a single image.

TPF rules and regs prohibit us from posting photos we didn't make. Photography Forum & Digital Photography Forum FAQ

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.

because of international copyright laws like the Berne Convention, and the general expectation of the copyright owner that people won't copy their work without their expressed written permission.

The US Copyright office notes that when it come to the issue of 'fair use': My emphasis.

The distinction between fair use and infringement may be unclear and not easily defined. There is no specific number of words, lines, or notes that may safely be taken without permission. Acknowledging the source of the copyrighted material does not substitute for obtaining permission.

The work was not copied, it is hosted on a MM account owned by the original creator, a link does not constitute a copy. Anyway I removed the images.

OP, put a link to the images. This thread is ridiculous without the photos.

Anyways, I still have not decided if I like this kind of PP work but I want to ask you why you think it is so great. Seriously interested.

:lmao:

KmH, relax. We do have moderators here. You don't need to be the TPF police force.

Are you:
1/ Elvis
2/ A frustrated cop
3/ A frustrated lawyer
4/ A real cop
?

Darn, if I wasn't so worried about some members taking this idea seriously, I would make a survey thread out of this :)

The work was not copied, it is hosted on a MM account owned by the original creator, a link does not constitute a copy. Anyway I removed the images.

Posting a link is fine. Posting somebody else's photos are not allowed.

depend on how you post the picture. the incert image of this forum use THE LINK. im sick of you whining users who complains all the time. he didnt claim it was his picture! and originaly posted the picture using the link! !ààasdfasdgasdgaefghadf sdªR@\#$WERFRSDGF

Posting a link is fine. Posting somebody else's photos are not allowed.

Haha, okay then, here are the links:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/090924/11/4abbbd9577902.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/090924/10/4abbb25009e0b.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100115/12/4b50d1b2c5405.jpg

The Photographer is called Joel Grimes and is a Photography god lol.

Now why do I think it's beautiful? Because it's modern, beautiful and otherworldly!

I have never tried single tone mapping but I've seen quite a few photographers using similar methods to achieve such dramatic shots.

To be honest I'm not even sure that's the method used but I would sure like to know.

Most reactions

Back