How do you back up?

Buckster...maybe you ought to consider replacing all that with say, a nice flash drive?:lmao:

Another option is offsite backup with Crashplan for just a few bucks a month you can get offsite backup of all your data. Plus its offsite.
You ever tried to upload a couple gigs of data at a crack to an online storage site?

I'm currently upgrading my pc's at the moment. Going to have 2 Ssd's in raid for Os and Editing suite and a 500gb hdd for other programs and for the photos to be uploaded to for phase one. ive started build(my brother has atleast) on a liquid cooled private Server storage system with 4 tb drives,phase two is where i save 4 copys onto each drive. finally,i have an external drive.cause as much as i love technology and pc's,i cant trust them one bit

I thought a cheap quad core setup for a server build was overkill. Is your brother planning on using the server to find the cure for cancer or something?

Haha,no no, were both extensive user's and download and upload alot. He's a Pc nut, so any excuse to watercool something is an excuse. My current pc is a Watercooled I7, with 6gb of ram and two nvidia cards in Sli.

I'm currently upgrading my pc's at the moment. Going to have 2 Ssd's in raid for Os and Editing suite and a 500gb hdd for other programs and for the photos to be uploaded to for phase one. ive started build(my brother has atleast) on a liquid cooled private Server storage system with 4 tb drives,phase two is where i save 4 copys onto each drive. finally,i have an external drive.cause as much as i love technology and pc's,i cant trust them one bit

I thought a cheap quad core setup for a server build was overkill. Is your brother planning on using the server to find the cure for cancer or something?

Haha,no no, were both extensive user's and download and upload alot. He's a Pc nut, so any excuse to watercool something is an excuse. My current pc is a Watercooled I7, with 6gb of ram and two nvidia cards in Sli.

But still overboard. Unless the server is actually doing something besides file transfers, then there's no reason for it. The HP mediasmart server I have isn't even a c2d and it works perfectly for streaming 1080p HD files to the PS3 and as a file server.

Even my current desktop has an i7-920 OC'ed to 3.8ghz on air and i think maybe one core broke 60c at one point under load.

Buck can I backup my files to ur server? Link me an FTP site will ya?? :lmao:

NICE!

Im kinda loving this 12 MP camera Mo. I feel bad for you using that 5D mk2. Want to trade?

My backup system consists of all 4gb CF Cards that when full are backed up to DVD. I find the 4gb cards fit perfect on the DVD media making it a easy system to back up. I keep all my DVDs labeled and dated. It makes it easy to find anything. Once everything is backed up, I copy all my "keepers" on external drives for quick access before I format my CF cards for further use.

Buck, are those Antec units on top of your nas the external power supplies? That's quite a righteous rig you have there.

Buck, are those Antec units on top of your nas the external power supplies? That's quite a righteous rig you have there.
Thanks. It works pretty well for me.

On the Antecs, those are two more drive cases that hold single sata drives. Each of the four cases has it's own power supply.

Recent data is on an external HD which I routinely archive to a leased offsite server. Since its an FTP transfer over a home broadband Internet connection I only get about 750K transfer speed which really slows things down, but if I start the transfer before I go to bed, I can have a month's worth done by the time I wake up. I try not to let it get to a month.

Most reactions

Back