How do you feel about this heavy grain added?

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
like/dislike, don't care for it, love it? share.
IMG_3197bw.jpg

here's the original and reg. b&w (btw, her skin tone was brownish and then red in spots where the cold water affected her skin. I didn't touch it during PP, but let me know if you see a cast or anything)
IMG_3197.jpg

IMG_3197bw1.jpg

adding a few more:
IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3239bw.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

3. (with my son!)
IMG_3200.jpg

I think the grain is a good idea for this photo, but maybe not so harsh? And i think I would like it better in color or a sepia tone...but thats me.

Hmmm... personally mono doesn't work for me in this case regardless whether sepia, B&W or what. The lack of contrast between the subject, her bathing suit and the water makes for a rather bland image. How about split the difference? Do a selective colouration, B&W background, and coloured subject with a little saturation boost?

Edited to add: Didn't see the last ones right away. Like these very much.

The 1st one looks almost like a drawing :)

I think these are great!!!
on the grainy one I think a little bit of a sepia would make it look more old fashioned along with the grain.

I personally don't like the grain, but that's just a 'me' thing.

You always have fabulous stuff!!!

i like the grain, however as someone else has mentioned maybe not so intense. softer grain would be nnicer i think

i love number 1 of the recently added pics. it looks great in black and white. but it looks gorgeous in colour! i'm serious. love the black and white contrast though. might want to make the blacks blacker.

I like every one of them! You did well-especially considering this was at the beach!

I like it for a different look and feel but for me personally the colour ones are magical! :)

i like a grainy photo (everyones so obsessed with getting the cleanest/sharpest image these days) but it looks better with film than digital.

Making grain on a digital image look natural can be difficult. what technique did you use to get the grain in this image?

Most reactions

Back