How do you feel when "they" dont care?

I had a bit of a heart breaker with family over the holiday's. I decided that I would print out a picture for my dad and put it in a frame. We exchanged gifts on XMAS eve but didn't open them at that time. Come the middle of January, I hadn't heard from my dad so I called him (it was his b-day anyway). I asked him if he liked his present? He said, "what, the frame... yes, it was nice" (there's that word again). When he opened the present he didn't even realize that there was a picture in the frame. I guess it was my bad for leaving the frame in the box (there was hanging hardware and a level included), but the picture was 8x10 in the centre of an oversized frame - kinda hard to miss. My family knows that I take pictures for fun and he never put 2 and 2 together. So yes, the fact that family isn't always a good support system can be upsetting, but I think that Gryphonslair99 said it best... "I shoot for ME. Not my frineds, not my family and not for anyone else. If I like it, then that is all that matters to me." We would all be advised to take his advice.

Most reactions

Back