How do you talk to girls?

I've been married too long, I don't remember anymore! :roll:

I agree with Voo about the practice.
Practice pratice practice.
If pretty girls make your brain lock up, just start with saying hello to a grandmother in the grocery store. That's all; just "hi". Work up from there.

I don't agree with making her wonder. That's game playing to me, and I hate it. Just do things when the time seems right. If you want to go out with her, let her know.

Communication is key. Being honest and upfront right from the start is the best policy. Otherwise the relationship starts out based on untruths and fiction.

deencarolh said:
When she talks.... Listen!
"When dad is mad, no body cares - When mom is mad, the whole world knows!"

Which reminds me, never let your mother brush your hair when she is mad at your father!

Bah dont listen the what the others have said.

Just do your best Johny Bravo and say "Hey baby" Tis all it takes.

/joking

I don't agree with making her wonder. That's game playing to me, and I hate it. Just do things when the time seems right. If you want to go out with her, let her know.

I would certainly view it that way. Please don't ask for a phone # and then play some waiting game before you use it. You are much more likely to get a very cool reception when you finally do.

Remember, Voods baby, confidence can also mean not being afraid to show that you're ready to make a move. :wink:

terri said:

I would certainly view it that way. Please don't ask for a phone # and then play some waiting game before you use it. You are much more likely to get a very cool reception when you finally do.

Remember, Voods baby, confidence can also mean not being afraid to show that you're ready to make a move. :wink:
Maybe I worded it wrong... What I mean is you don't want to try too hard. You don't want to appear desperate which is a sign of weak confidence.

deencarolh said it best. Be a good listener. Make her feel important, and interseting, and she'll talk and talk and talk :) It takes a lot of the pressure off of you :p

Be interested!
and i dont mean in her breasts. Take an interest in her everyday life. The guys who've Ive always connected with best are the ones who not only "fancy"me but take an interest in the things I do. That doenst mean you have to start doing the same hobbies, just ask her about things she likes doing.

Its all been said, homour, not being too arrogant, listening....letting your eyes wander around the room while she is speaking is one of the BIGGEST turn offs.

Yes to all the mushy stuff too. Dont bring it on too early or you will freak her out. Asking to move to near where she lives after 2 days is as good as shooting yourself in the foot.

Have confidence in yourself that she might actually like you. If she takes an interest in you and asks you about your life, its likely shes interested in you too.

hmm...Ive read every post and its great!
*takes notes*
1) My prob is...the...saying Hi...I just cant do...
2) Im ugly...it has to be said
3) I can generally make a group laugh, but they dont seem to be botherd
4) I do take an interest...they dont seem to be botherd and still wont like me :p
5) I dont wonder my eyes...okay okay...but NOT while im talking to them, when im talking to people I try to keep eye contact.
6) Mushy stuff....I cant do...I aint a mushy guy...

But...even if I do all you say...girls just...well to be honest just dont click with me...I always become friends and theres no where to go from there....
I dunno....I also think im very picky.

Ohh and MD...you da man!

Edit: Thought id add something...Im in no was absolutely not even close to being confident...I come accross confident to others...but I aint...and girls can tell :O

Just found this thread...

My best advice is to be a gentleman. Too many guys these days are real jerks to their girls. If you treat girls like people, respect them, and do simple things like opening doors for them, they'll appreciate it. I've been dating a girl for almost a year and I still open her car door whenever we drive anywhere. The nice thing about doors is you can open them for anybody, not just a girlfriend.

Artemis, maybe you just haven't met the right girl yet. If I remember, you're about 16, right? Give yourself some time to get to know who you are, the teenage years are rife with change. Heck, even at 25 I'm not entirely sure who I am or what I want to do with my life. Friendships that develop into romances are usually the best kind to have so it sounds like you're on the right track.

Most reactions

Back