How important is a GOOD monitor ?

some of us try to use good stuff. I'm a nooB photo college student but why would i want to use crap lenses/bodies/monitors/software?

I don't know if this new iMac Thunderbolt 27" monitor is IPS or not but it blows away that $300 27" junker I replaced.

So you guys are telling me ALL of you posting here all own an IPS monitor costing you around $1500 and up ??????????????????

Not all of us here are pros. I use a macbook. I will probably always use a macbook. I think they just don't know why if you're a pro with every 2 shoots a month booked, you don't know if you need a better monitor. I'm on the side of, if its not broke, don't fix it.

Living in Canada we have a wedding season of only about May to October .... not too many pros here do more than 25 wedding a year.

I did not pay 1500$ for my monitors but 240$ each and they do the job quite well, they are both 24inch LED IPS photo monitors and i calibrate them with a color munky. My prints comes out perfectly. I like to work with 2 monitors.

So you guys are telling me ALL of you posting here all own an IPS monitor costing you around $1500 and up ??????????????????

I'm not a pro.. if I were i'd buy whatever monitor met my needs if my financial security was at stake. Like I mentioned before, if your current monitor is working for you, then save money and continue to use it.

Sounds like your setup is working for you.
As you are calibrating and your prints are coming back looking true to your monitor....as someone said...if it ain't broke.

Yes thats what I am thinking ......... this decision would be a lot easier to make if I was able to to see the difference between monitors but not one single place in my entire city sells high end monitors

If you like to spend the money for a nicer monitor, why not. :D Someone need to jump start the economy, right?

However, if the prints are fine and looks the same as the one on the monitor, buying an $1500 monitor will give you the prints that looks the same as the one on the $1500 monitor. (Assuming the prints look fine to you)

Most reactions

Back