how is this color of this one? (portrait from last week)

shingfan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i dont have a monitor calibrator......when i look in CS2....the color looks fine...but when i look at it in IE....the colors seems a bit "cold"......what do you see in your monitor?.....also.....what do you think of the skin tone.....any adjustment you can recommend

(Matt....i bought the book "SKIN"....going to read it once i received it :lol: )

423685013_949a13d7c3_o.jpg

Yea, color looks a bit cold and dull to me.

The color is a bit cold yes, but the real problem is the exposure. The model is underexposed. If you take the image into photoshop, use the oval marquee tool and place an oval over her face, then check the histogram, you'll see that there you could have gotten more exposure. That's the #1 reason for her looking dull. Also, be sure and convert the image to sRGB before posting on the web.

I've had the same problem a couple of times; every time I saved a picture in Photoshop and opened it with a different program, the colors were a little bit off. I tried it with your picture: as soon as I opened it with Photoshop, the colors were good.
AFAIK, this has something to do with color profiles, but I'm not sure. Matt, could you elaborate a bit?

Browsers display images in sRGB. If your image is in Adobe RGB, or another similar "wider" gamut, the colors will be interpreted on the fly as sRGB by the browser, and you'll lose a lot of color information. In photoshop CS2, copy your image to a new document, and specify sRGB as your color profile. Then resize and save for web. Photoshop will preserve the look of your original image during the conversion of colors.

Wow, thanks for the comprehensible explanation, Matt!

@shingfan: I tried Matt's suggestions with your picture and it worked flawlessy. You should try it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back