How Many?

We actually do go alot of places. Park, zoo, parties, aquarium, arboretum, playgroup, museums....and to 2 or 3 places a day. I think I take so many because to get one good one of a kid, you take 30 ones where they are blinking or looking away.

I am fine with taking photos now. I mean thats what it is here for. I cant really keep myself from taking photos. I know the better I get the less I will shoot to get what I want. And it wont be quite as exciting too. Right now I have soooooo much to learn, its really great fun (learning=fun? im a nerd!).

Here are a couple from today...my focus is all off :( and I suck :lmao: see I need practice. My daughter is the fastest moving baby you will ever meet so I set it onn tv with the fastest shutter speed which was 1/200 but moved it to 1/100. I swear I was focusing on her eyes but it seems like her dress is often more in focus. Something I wonder how to correct alsoo is the color of the room is really lovely yellow but it comes out ...tan. Same with the greens in the room. I think the yellow might reflect on the skin too in there even though the ceiling is white.....sigh
other134_DxO.jpg

other144_DxO.jpg

other248_DxO.jpg

other178_DxO.jpg

other245_DxO.jpg

It's not how many you take, it's how many you're left with after deleting the bad ones.

Even if you shoot 150 images, chances are there's no more than 20 that make the initial pass, and really we're talking about 5 if you're really on a roll. (No pun intended, I swear.)

Over time, you will find the culling/deletion process tiresome, and begin shooting more deliberately... you're keeper ratio will go up with your skills, and your pump-and-spray ratio will go down.

If you're good you'll come home with 36 exposures, find 10 acceptable, and really like one or two.

back to the OP question, how many pictures does everyone take, let's say per year? I'm curious too, lol.

i guess it depends on how much time is available to shoot, for example with one thing or another i haven't been able to shoot properly in months, so really i just take a couple of photos here and there most of the time....so i couldn't say that the number of photos per month is a certain number constantly...

must say, agree with most here when they say that out of a big bunch only a few are keepers, sometimes i take around 30 and 5-10 are keepers, and some others are not bad but could be better..

don't really see the necessity to shoot 600 per day, it's just a waste of time, it's definately better to think about the shots before taking them rather than taking 100 of the same thing without thinking much about what ypu want in the photo etc.

dunno my opinion...

oy! I never expected this post to stir up so many negitive feelings about my photo taking....wearing out my camera, not knowing how to use my camera AND wasting my time, Boy, if only I knew I would have taken up quilting LOL

*insert light-hearted eye roll*

I am completely new as of a few weeks before Christmas. I bought my camera on 12/19/07 and I've taken 1127 pictures since then. I don't take many every day, since it is miserable outside and there's nothing interesting out there to shoot at. But when I shoot something, I am taking quite a few shots each time with adjusting settings so I can look and see what I did to make the best one.

When summer hits, and I take the kids places, I can imagine a count of somewhere around 50-100 I would probably take. We are taking our first vacation since getting married 10 years ago, so I imagine I will fill up my 2 gig card (going on a 2 or 3 day trip). I will probably pick up another card, thus I can imagine filling that one up as well while on a vacation trip (I can hold 500+ on a 2 gig card).

500 pictures a day? Where the heck are you finding stuff this time of year to shoot at? Of course, I may be in a different boat with small children since we are not going out anywhere interesting.

back to the OP question, how many pictures does everyone take, let's say per year? I'm curious too, lol.
I have had my K110d for about 10 1/2 months now, and I am in the mid 7k shots with it. Several times out I have shot more than 400 shots. But most of the time, I'll shoot about 150-200, depending on the subject matter. Moving objects < for me at least > require quite a few more to get a decent amount of keepers. Where as landscapes or other non moving< or slowly moving > objects usually take way less shots to get a decent ratio of keepers.

Had my K10D for about a month, and i think I am at about 500 shots on it now, and MOST of those are just me messing with it, getting used to all of the new features it has compared to my K110D.

When the weather gets better, I am sure I'll put the shutter to the test ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back