How much editing do you do?

I like it but it seems a little wash out here is the editing I would do to it
kid-1.jpg

You over-exposed the shot. I set the black point at 16 in the Red and Green channels, 10 in the Blue channel, and applied a Curves adjustment. Nothing else was done. 15 second adjustment, bye eye. Can yuo see that setting the black point properly creates black shadows in the tree that is in the background at the left? All the colors "pop" when seen against the right level of black. My image would print properly...yours would look weak and washed out because the "blacks" were positioned totally wrong.

127404563.jpg

Yep I did! That is exactly what I thought I had done wrong. I think what I did was have the settings right for about 2 photos and they looked really dark on my screen.... so I changed it...:lmao: when I should have left it alone.. But this is how we learn right! Practice makes perfect....well eventually

kid-1.jpg

I kinda like it to! What software are you using and what did you do?

kid-1.jpg

what software do you have now? There are some free programs out there you may want to try if you don't have anything yet.

Really? The grass is black, his hair is no longer blond and the shirt looks like red sandpaper. The brightest object is the arm, when it is the face (I hope) you want to focus on.

yeah... I do see the direction you were going with this edit, but I think the key areas could be better emphasized.

Although it's kind of off-topic as far as exposure, the tree branch attacking the back of the child's head is pretty distracting. I think the photo would've had much better impact if you had sawed that limb off the tree first ;).

Really? The grass is black, his hair is no longer blond and the shirt looks like red sandpaper. The brightest object is the arm, when it is the face (I hope) you want to focus on.

yeah... I do see the direction you were going with this edit, but I think the key areas could be better emphasized.

Although it's kind of off-topic as far as exposure, the tree branch attacking the back of the child's head is pretty distracting. I think the photo would've had much better impact if you had sawed that limb off the tree first ;).

:lol: It is but when you work with 3 year olds you get what you get when you get it! I can always try content aware in PS but not sure that would do any good....

what software do you have now? There are some free programs out there you may want to try if you don't have anything yet.

I have photoshop CS5 extended but I have no clue how to use it....:lol:
If you can afford it, I would recommend buying a subscription to Kelby training and NAPP. One year should be enough to get your skill set solid. Hell, one week and you'll be handling far more than you thought possible.

I have photo shop CS5 and I first used a filter called Redynamix and that just does a tone map to it then I made a copy of the image as a new layer and made the 1st one invisible, then I made another copy of the of the image and applied gaussian blur, desaturated the now blured photo, changed blending to overlay, then merge the two visible layers, then use a gradient map and use soft light,then I merge it into the visible layer, after this I make the bottom layer visible and change the blending mode to Multiply and merge them after that I used my selection tool on 80% feather and made a circle, once that was done I inverted the selection and choose a Levels adjustment to make the edges dark like that

Thank you...you beat me to it.

Well fine fine! I guess I needed to take a stab at it too. I played with the colors, used the unsharp mask, cloned out the tree and.... I think that's it.

Eedit.jpg

Well fine fine! I guess I needed to take a stab at it too. I played with the colors, used the unsharp mask, cloned out the tree and.... I think that's it.

Eedit.jpg

How did you do that? What software? I really need to learn how to use PSCS5 as I tried messing with it last night and it did not turn out so good (the tree I mean). Curious as to how you did it :)

Most reactions

Back