How Much Should I Charge - Slideshow

You will go a long way on here with remarks like this "is it too much to ask for a straight answer without the elitist snobby remarks!?!?!?"

I have to agree with the OP. I've seen a lot thread in the newbie section asking some basic questions and all the responses they get from the "PROS" are RTFM. I think some people are forgetting that this is a forum.

I have to agree with the OP. I've seen a lot thread in the newbie section asking some basic questions and all the responses they get from the "PROS" are RTFM. I think some people are forgetting that this is a forum.
No........ I don't think anyone is forgetting that this is a forum. What does happen is that people here (and there are a number of regular members here to give up a LOT of personal time to help others) find it a bit galling that someone will post a question which they can easily answer on their own simply by reading the camera's manual and [usually it seems] expecting immediate answers.

Tell me: If 'Old Pro X' has time to answer one question, should it be: (1) The one which is immediately answerable from the camera's manual and is specific to a particular make/model of gear; or (2) a request for guidance on how to execute a particular photographic task, something which could be of interest or benefit to many more forum members?

Zyr55 said:

But isn't it kind of common sense to read the manual? It's probably quicker to use the manuals index or do a google search vs posting a question on a forum and hoping someone answers. That's what I do. Sometimes you can't find the answer - which is fine - ask some knowledgable people. It's just kind of sad that people don't take the initiative to find the answer themselves first. Or put any effort into their learning. Honestly, when I do answer a question - I usually google it because I don't always know the answer. If I can do it for someone else - they can do it for themselves too.

I'm not talking about this particular thread.

You will go a long way on here with remarks like this "is it too much to ask for a straight answer without the elitist snobby remarks!?!?!?"

For simple technical questions.. that IS the correct answer! Those who would rather ask for answer instead of looking themselves are pretty much braindead anyway.... when the answer is one easily answered by RTFM!

Well, I go by how deep of pockets they have and how much a I can get out of them. :lmao:

Good luck to you

Most reactions

Back