How to Bring in Business

jor133d

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently decided to take my hobby further and pick up some extra cash (I am a college student) by offering my photography as a side business.

I do not have very much money at all for advertising. I was wondering what you would suggest to bring in business?

I started a website: www.glitzphotography.com

Any suggestions would help!

I love the funky attitude your business is seeming to promote, in relation to senior portrait service your offering because I'm sure the kids will want funky modern portraits that show their style and character however your using the same website to promote wedding photography and to be totally honest the idea of hiring you to photograph my wedding would scare me (sorry) thats with absolutely no knowledge of your skills as a fotog or you as a person, purely based of first impressions from your website, its very "funky & in your face" not a quality I would look for in a wedding photographer... argh that sounds so harsh but in a world where first impressions are everything I just thought I'd point that out.

As for bringing in the business... advertising!! doesn't have to be expensive it can be purely word of mouth but its worth its weight in gold! Do work for friends and watch the word spread, trust me its working perfectly to get my business off the ground, the demands there I just need to find the skills to keep the business together lol.

Great site! Word of mouth is the best method of bringing in business. Print up some business cards, you can get some basic ones from vistaprint.com for a very good price. YOu'll do well with seniors as ikavaney said, they'll enjoy that funky look you offer. Good luck! I took seniors and weddings when I was in college, it's a great way to make some $$

Thats for the advice!

The wedding section of my website is not actually finished yet(you can't click on the link yet on the homepage). I am going to have a separate site with more of a wedding feel.

Again, thank you!

Any others?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back