How to get the white background bright

lol sanju. he was just kidding :) the mannequins is fine :greenpbl:

Unpopularly popular, I too was kidding :meh: just watching some photography tutorials on youtube

Will the background light used in this video good to use. Where can I get such background lights (UK)

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people just use shop lights when they're starting up...

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey guys

I'm still looking for good background lights.

Please note I am looking for continous lights "new" not the flash ones. By flash I understand that they are not continous.

Please help.

If you're doing continuous, you canuse any old light with daylight corrected CFLs

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Another thing to be careful of is light boucing off your background, like the shot above with the gentleman with the silly hat notice his right shoulder

I think this is extremely important based on my very limited experience. I tried to do a 3 light shot yesterday with a speedlight on the backdrop to make it white and my model was so close to the backdrop that she was overexposed nearly every time. I think it's because of my limited space and the light reflecting off of the backdrop. Hard to work in a confined space.

On the background itself, I just use bare speedlights or monos with aluminum bowl reflectors, setup just far enough away for the spread to cover the background.

Charlie, are you saying that you shoot the speedlight away from the backdrop and directly into an aluminum bowl to reflect on the backdrop? This sounds like a good idea.

How much space is there between your model and the backdrop?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back