How to touch up skin on portrats

thank you for your "small tutorial" I really consider them as tips. But thanks for taking your time to write them. However, the tip you posted are really for general portraits, in my case I am in the fashion related field. Which needs that particular "look". Your tip 2-4 are exact the things I do. As for #1, it's something I do for everyday photos but not for work.

Thanks MB Alpha. No idea what to do with the info, I don't shoot this way, but I get a huge kick out of imagining I might someday actually shoot in a studio, with someone willing to have their picture taken :)

thank you for your "small tutorial" I really consider them as tips. But thanks for taking your time to write them. However, the tip you posted are really for general portraits, in my case I am in the fashion related field. Which needs that particular "look". Your tip 2-4 are exact the things I do. As for #1, it's something I do for everyday photos but not for work.

They're not really for general portraits. Line-by-line, I'd make less use of the healing brush. I also would rarely use lab mode, which I use when I need to tweak the hell out of my colors or brightness (not something I ordinarily do with a stock portrait). Again, color dodge and burn are things I use for more extensive skin and hair retouching. If I were trying to make an ordinary portrait look more like a glamour shot then I might. #4 you should always be doing.

I'm curious what it is that you think you don't know that you need to. Are there looks that you're going for that you don't know how to do or something? Skin retouching is really not that complicated provided you stay focused on color, texture, and dimension. The sort of general rules to follow aren't ends unto themselves but rather procedural guidelines for your workflow. If there's something specific you had in mind I'd be happy to try and help you sort it out, but if you're "following the rules" and your skin retouching still doesn't look good then you're doing something wrong.

You should also bear in mind that fashion often requires somewhat less precise retouching than glamour or beauty, since its emphasis is on the clothes. In studio fashion, you model is basically a coat-hanger. While editorial fashion lends itself to lifestyle concepts beyond clothing itself, that doesn't lend anything extra to the retouching. I think perhaps you're confusing fashion, glamour, and beauty, which are very different things. I have no idea what this "particular look" is that you're talking about. Care to post an example?

Thanks, alpha, I dont wear makeup and my gal only wears normal makeup average day makeup...

I have dry skin and it shows up, i want to smooth out my skin basically...

Blur works for me since its basically family photos...

Thanks for the tutorial hehe.. I didnt read it til just now...lots of posts

Most reactions

New Topics

Back