Hm...
technically this seems fine enough. A little blurry, perhaps... I'm guessing you weren't using a tripod, which you should do if possible, but it looks like this angle might not be best for that.
Also on night shots...
1. Manual focus. (often to infinity, but depends on lens and distance from subject)
2. Use mirror lockup if available.
3. Use somewhere around F8-F11 to create "star effects" on the lights. (look at the night shots on my website and you'll see what I mean)
The problem with this shot, in my opinion, is that it's just pretty dull.
1. The buildings themselves aren't that interesting or varied.
2. There is essentially only one color of light. (you may want to pull the yellow out, btw...)
3. The horizon is obviously the outskirts of the city, so the tallest buildings are wherever you are and then they flatten, so it gets pretty dull.
4. The sky is dead (not unusual in night shots, but made worse by other elements)
5. No traffic (also not necessarily unusual, but some traffic might have helped where there was nothing else)
That being said, I think you exposed this reasonably well which is often a problem people struggle with. I can see detail in buildings and such and that is good. Find a more interesting subject and make sure your focus is on and I think you'll be in good shape.