How well will this wedding photograper do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not looking to become a paid photographer...

Um, okay.

If (and this is an enormous "if") we assume that you're being truthful when you say you're not looking to become a paid photographer, why would you post something regarding "general photographic work"? I don't know what goes on in merry ol' England but, here in the Colonies, "work" implies "paid". Why would you ask that someone contact you for "cheap rates"? "Rates" implies that you have some sort of scale or schedule you use to determine what to charge people. Well, again, that implies that you want to be, you know... "paid".

I'm not even going to comment on the "cheap" aspect, nor will I comment on the photos posted on your Facebook page.

So, if you want us to believe that you don't want to become a paid photographer, why is it proving to be profoundly simple to find evidence to the contrary?

704415_473445596041038_560219340_o.jpg

And i could ask you all to read my posts in this thread and try and find the part where i trashed the paid photographer...but you wont, because i didn't, and that would be much less fun anyway wouldn't it.
shame on you all.

I guess if I'd suffered the same level of legitimate, deserved smack-down you just did, I'd lash out, too.

Your posts are littered with dishonesty. Don't tell us you don't want to be a "paid photographer", because it's glaringly obvious that you do. Evidence of that has been posted. In light of that evidence, you simply come across as someone who's got a chip on his shoulder because he didn't get the high paying gig. Instead of simply manning up and accepting that, you question the skill of the photographer who did get the high paying gig, simply because you need to grab onto something that you hope will make you feel better about not getting the gig. YTou seriously need to wrap your head around the fact that, currently, there is no reason to question the proficiency of the hired photographer.

Lose the level of dishonesty that you seem to be relying on and maybe, just maybe, you'll get people willing to actually discuss the topic. But coming here and belching up dishonesty as you have will endear you to no one, nor should it...

I kinda feel for Steve. All he had to say was, "not sure about this photog they hired, no flash and all, 5 thousand quid and no flash couldn't be legit, not sure about the outcome but we'll see. . . . . . .I happened to be there too with my camera and flash, will be interesting to see the comparison".

I think you'll find this is pretty much what i did say.!

No, Bro. No you did not.

(Just in case you were confused... that's promotion. No matter how often you decide or don't decide to click the share button on Facebook........ )

perhaps your right, but as i said i don't actively seek work from it and if i do accept a paid job its usually a very low key casual gig.
I know very well not to distinguish myself with paid professionals who do this on a daily basis and i never pretended i am otherwise.

(Just in case you were confused... that's promotion. No matter how often you decide or don't decide to click the share button on Facebook........ )

perhaps your right, but as i said i don't actively seek work from it and if i do accept a paid job its usually a very low key casual gig.
I know very well not to distinguish myself with paid professionals who do this on a daily basis and i never pretended i am otherwise.

That's still being a paid photographer, yes? Semantics, I know, but just going off what you have said. . .

I honestly wanted to be asleep by now, because I'm waking up early to go photograph Mount St. Helens.

I can't fall asleep though. The sound of me laughing is keeping me awake...

So maybe you should change your advertisement wording to

Low-key Engagements, Low-key Weddings, Low-key everything.

(Just kidding. Don't do that. You should probably just take it all down period.)

If you're not looking to be a paid photographer... there's no need for advertisements... PERIOD. Whether you post them once or shout them from the rooftops.

You'll get plenty of low-key gigs from your family and friends and you can happily serve them at the cheap quoted rate of "free".

Everybody wins.

I honestly wanted to be asleep by now, because I'm waking up early to go photograph Mount St. Helens.

Yeah, and I had a date with House (the TV show... not the man himself... although, he *is* on my list of "Hot older me I would get with" :lmao: ), another glass of wine, and an ice cream cone.

Unfortunately my "happy buzz" is wearing off due to being stuck here by the monitor, feverishly clicking "refresh". :biglaugh:

I am just telling you the fact. There have been several people who did exactly what you did. Brought a big camera to the wedding I am shooting (which I don't mind.. iPhone, point and shoot, dslr does not matter to me), then post the wedding photos with professional signature on it. It just rubs me the wrong way. I am sure most photographers will feel the same way.

I think if I was in your position at the wedding I would be watching her and studying her. Then once the final products came out if they were horrid I would of seen things she could of done to improve or maybe of a flash would have benefited. If they turned out great then I would of been highly impressed and would try and remember what I saw her doing when she took some pictures. Was she backlighting? Using angles? I would be looking at it as a learning oppourtunity. I will say at my cousins wedding the photographers busted a straight on direct flash in her face at the time I thought probably wouldn't have done that but ill wait and see what it comes back as..... I remember when my cousin got her picture back I was looking for her bridal portraits when they did that and guess what I found?? Pictures with ugly straight on camera flash and in a way I thought man I was right probably should not have done that. NEVER did I say anything to my cousing about it. She loved her pictures and the rest were decent I just took a mental note of all the things I seen they did right and didn't do right and I learned from it. I did not start a thread on here titled "how well will these photographers do" and then take a picture of them behind their back and post it on here about them. That is wrong as honestly would you want someone taking pictures of you posting them on the Internet questioning why you made so mj money?! How insulting IMO.

P.S. I love her jacket :)

I am just telling you the fact. There have been several people who did exactly what you did. Brought a big camera to the wedding I am shooting (which I don't mind.. iPhone, point and shoot, dslr does not matter to me), then post the wedding photos with professional signature on it. It just rubs me the wrong way. I am sure most photographers will feel the same way.

MOST photographers don't even like other cameras at a wedding. You're generous.

I'm not even a main shooter and I don't like other cameras at weddings cause they always get in the f**kin way.

I had to shoot AROUND a guest who stepped into the aisle to take a picture of the bride walking down the aisle at the last wedding I second shot... WITH HER IPHONE.

IN THE MOTHER EFFING AISLE.

Dude. No.

The bride hired the main guy I was working for... and he hired me to back him up... NOT your mother flippin' iPhone.

KTHANXBYE.

:lmao:

Yeah, and I had a date with House (the TV show... not the man himself... although, he *is* on my list of "Hot older me I would get with" :lmao: ), another glass of wine, and an ice cream cone.

Unfortunately my "happy buzz" is wearing off due to being stuck here by the monitor, feverishly clicking "refresh". :biglaugh:

Mmmmmmm.....House......he's on my list too but only with his accent :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back