How would you crop this?

The tree to the upper right is barely in the frame and doesn't really seem to be adding much to the image. The tree on the left makes for such a strong line all the way up and down... Framing a little more to the left might have worked better. Someone else cropped the bottom which seemed to make for what I learned to be a 'clean' image by getting rid of that clump of leaves to the bottom left.

E50FF6B7-C92A-4DFE-A9AA-BC265DE76F90 straighten 2 degrees right, crop.jpg

I straightened the first one 2 degrees right and cropped; thought it might be too much and did the second 1 degree to the right then cropped. I'd maybe even try 1.5 and see how it looks...

E50FF6B7-C92A-4DFE-A9AA-BC265DE76F90 straighten 1 degree right, crop.jpg

It might be worthwhile to continue to keep learning about pattern and balance, etc. in compositions; this seems so close but might have been even better framed slightly differently. I'd try searching for resources in art more than photography to not get all the people selling books, videos, etc.; I find I often have to go maybe 5 pages into a search to get anything decent.

It might be worthwhile to continue to keep learning about pattern and balance, etc. in compositions; this seems so close but might have been even better framed slightly differently. I'd try searching for resources in art more than photography to not get all the people selling books, videos, etc.; I find I often have to go maybe 5 pages into a search to get anything decent.

Good feedback, thanks. I did have several keepers from that day that were framed differently both with and without these trees. Was mostly curious how others would approach this one.

Now that I saw it was 'final', oh well... but I love it warmer, I think it was too blue before. It seems to be getting down to slight variations I think...

I'd think about the small trees along the left side of the frame, and the leaf/leaves at the bottom. I know, I'm very um, detail oriented? (and can drive myself nuts in the process!).

For my two cents. The only thing I would do is trim off the bottom a bit, and the right side a tad...add a bit of color to the sky and lose the blue color cast in the snow.

sq peg.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back