Huge 8.9 earthquake!!

My beliefs on why God allows such things :

It was God's intention for earth to be a paradise where human's lived and learned. Unfortunately Satan challenged God's right to rule, he did so by using Adem and Eve. Adam and Eve chose independence from God. And that's exactly what they received. God has allowed Satan - evil - etc to endure to prove that mankind cannot live without God. We've proved this time and again in so many different ways. We cannot succeed without God's help. (Genesis 3:1-7)

But soon that point will be proven and God will 'assume the reigns' once again restoring peace, removing death and sickness, and restoring the earth and mankind to it's original purpose. (Revelation 21:3,4)

: end beliefs.

Well put jadin. :0)

Odd how easy people put the blame on God when something goes wrong but where is the prise when something goes right?

Well now... I thought we were supposed to leave God and politics out of TPF. Guess I was wrong. :(

Mitica100 said:
Well now... I thought we were supposed to leave God and politics out of TPF. Guess I was wrong. :(

No, Mitica, I believe you are right, but some people might not know that yet! :)

First off I was aware of the politics part, but not the God part. (If I did I spaced it).

Second of all I tried to : block it in : so that people would know and could choose not to read it.

Third, just because I do something doesn't mean it's within the rules. There just hasn't been a mod on yet to say otherwise. My actions should not be viewed as the end-all of TPF rules. (isn't that obvious?)

jadin said:
First off I was aware of the politics part, but not the God part. (If I did I spaced it).

Second of all I tried to : block it in : so that people would know and could choose not to read it.

Third, just because I do something doesn't mean it's within the rules. There just hasn't been a mod on yet to say otherwise. My actions should not be viewed as the end-all of TPF rules. (isn't that obvious?)

I have no problem with it myself, but some people have strong views on that sort of thing, and fights start from that kinda thing...I think it's just sorta a general guideline. I don't think anyone has started offending anyone yet, so I don't think anyone has done anything wrong yet! :)

I don't think there's anything wrong with people expressing their own personal beliefs, on either side of the equation. Where trouble might ensue would be if someone were to try and argue with the other viewpoint about it. No one has done that here, and I personally don't see a problem with anything thats been said.

oriecat said:
I don't think there's anything wrong with people expressing their own personal beliefs, on either side of the equation. Where trouble might ensue would be if someone were to try and argue with the other viewpoint about it. No one has done that here, and I personally don't see a problem with anything thats been said.

i agree. i think corry's key word is "yet". i see where she's coming from based on other recent posts and hope this thread doesn't go south. :)

I read this am that over 10k people died... amazing.

Let's see...

1) SNOWING in Houston, Tx. I don't remember the name, but there was some city the other day that got snow by the mexican border that had never gotten snow ever, ever before.

2) Quake kills 10,000 people

3) Polar icecaps are melting

4) Tornadoes & hurricanes are growing out of control and getting, on average, worse each year

I have to laugh at an ultra-conservative guy I used to work with when we talked about global warming one day.. he said that was "something liberals kooked up." I guess he wanted an easy way out of not dealing with environmental issues :roll:

i personally think its ok to express your views. but that being said, if anyone wants to challenge said views...im gonna lock it down tighter than WACO up in this beeotch.

md

core_17 said:
Mitica100 said:

No, Mitica, I believe you are right, but some people might not know that yet! :)

Ok, point well taken. :lol:

With that in mind, can we all just get along here? :lol:

Most reactions

Back