Huge 8.9 earthquake!!

I am in agreement with Jadin, but that being said I too hope this doesn't head downhill. I almost posted before Jadin did, but felt I might "get into trouble for it" but just would like to say that I agree :D I think it's great that we can all express our viewpoints, and continue to be nice :thumbsup:

Hertz van Rental said:
oriecat said:
According to the BBC page, it's over 23,000 killed so far.

You just know it's going to get a lot worse - hunger, disease, exposure. The young and the old..... :-(

Yes, the *indirect* deaths will have an impact on the final death toll caused directly from the tidal waves. And it won't be quick for them.

It's a mind-boggling tragedy. Hard to take it all in. :(

Hertz van Rental said:
The joy of being an atheist means I don't have to take that bollocks seriously ;-)

Spot on, good ol' Hertz chap!!

Hertz van Rental said:
The joy of being an atheist means I don't have to take that bollocks seriously ;-)

Thank you for expressing the thought so well! :salute:

Earthquake rated now at 9.0 and death toll upgraded to 44,000+!! This must be the biggest natural disaster to hit in the last couple hundred years.

For those of you who have not done so yet, you might consider donating as little as $5.00 to the Red Cross, fof the Disaster Relief Fund. Here is the link:

http://www.redcross.org

core_17 said:
Good thinkin, Mit...putting that link there. I'll do that once I get home from work tonight.

I appreciate that! Perhaps having some sort of a dedicated post with the link on? That way more people will see it.

Good idea...put that link in it's own thread so everyone will see it!

(and maybe a nice mod will sticky it for a while! Come on people, just cuz Christmas is over doesn't mean the generosity has to stop!)

RedCross is fine. But please dont send your donations thru any UN bodies. The money will not reach the needy.

my dad was in India about 2 months ago and the place he was staying at over got hit down by all of this. im so glad he wasnt over there when that happend, but i feel for all of the ppl who live there.

All the God contraversy aside, this is a terrible disaster no matter what you believe. My heart (and prayers) go out to all those effected by this. I've been to many of these places and know the poverty they dealt with before this happened.

I agree, don't donate to the UN, way too much corruption. Donate to the Red Cross, Red Crescent or whatever you can to help those poor souls.

Most reactions

Back