Hungry Bee

MTVision

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought a macro lens a while ago and haven't really gotten around to using it. I obviously need a lot of practice (and patience)! Its not what I expected at all but I'm always up for a challenge. Here are a few bee shots I got today.

2. Bee has some weird stuff coming out his back area... :)

5. And a random flower

I know these are far from great. I shot them all at a fairly high ISO for macro (around 640-800).

I posted this in the middle of the night so I figured I'd bump it. Comments and critique are always appreciated as well as any advice for macro shooting.

Thanks for looking

Looks like you are going to make that Tokina sing, girl! :p

cgipson1 said:
Looks like you are going to make that Tokina sing, girl! :p[/QUOTE

Thanks! I love that lens even more now that I'm starting to get use to manual focus.

Macro is definitely a lot harder then I imagined. Its fun even though it's a little awkward crawling around on my preggo belly! ;)

I like the bee shots very good for first time. Why do my bees never have pollen on them? My dislike for bugs seems to get in the way of my macro shots...

cgipson1 said:
Looks like you are going to make that Tokina sing, girl! :p[/QUOTE

Thanks! I love that lens even more now that I'm starting to get use to manual focus.

Macro is definitely a lot harder then I imagined. Its fun even though it's a little awkward crawling around on my preggo belly! ;)

Thats what we like, Megan! Dedication! lol!

shootermcgavin said:
I like the bee shots very good for first time. Why do my bees never have pollen on them? My dislike for bugs seems to get in the way of my macro shots...

I hate bugs! I was actually taking pictures of flowers and the bees kept landing right next to me. Hate bugs but they do look cool up close!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back