I am a newbie to Photography so thought I would share.

Strela

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,
As I said I am a newbie to Photography so thought I would share a few Photo's I have Taken. I hopw they are ok :er:

Attachments

• $_MG_0856.jpg
    $_MG_0856.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 182
  • $IMG_0886.jpg
    $IMG_0886.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 191
  • $IMG_0887.jpg
    $IMG_0887.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 204
  • $IMG_0888.jpg
    $IMG_0888.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 188
  • $IMG_0892.jpg
    $IMG_0892.jpg
    534.6 KB · Views: 169
  • $IMG_0893.jpg
    $IMG_0893.jpg
    609.2 KB · Views: 182
  • $IMG_0894.jpg
    $IMG_0894.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 180
  • $IMG_0895.jpg
    $IMG_0895.jpg
    769.2 KB · Views: 179
I like the first set. Dont like the soft focus on the second set.

To make my criticism constructive, I should say that the expressions caught on the last set seems too serious to be on a toddler. The other ones just seem like snapshots of a child. Nothing bad with them, but nothing special.

Skin softening on the children can go overboard. They're kids, not Playboy pin ups. Ease up on the airbrushing.

Watch your horizons. Tilt can be very distracting when not used properly.

You have some beautiful children!

And since no one else has mentioned it yet, when shooting portraits consider the portrait aspect (hold the camera vertically).

Skin softening on the children can go overboard. They're kids, not Playboy pin ups. Ease up on the airbrushing.

I think you're thinking more along to Hustler lines. Playboy is where they chop out part of your thighs.

And since no one else has mentioned it yet, when shooting portraits consider the portrait aspect (hold the camera vertically).

We were waiting for Darrel.

I like 5 the best. but yes, they're all over done and it doesn't look good.

I Thank you all for your critique and will take on board what you have all said as I am a begginer. I do although have to say I do not appreciate the comparison to Playboy & Hustler.... I am sure there are other ways to express what you where trying to correct me on, Which I will also take on board So thank you.

It wasn't meant to be rude. It was meant to let you know the processing is completely inappropriate for children's portraits. Another way to think of it is it's similar to the processing used on children's pageant photos. If you don't want your kid to be called a prostitot, don't make her look like one.

PS- Not saying yours do, their innocence is greatly captured here. There can be a really fine line in terms of appropriate vs. innappropriate edits.

The last two photos are especially nice.

I don't know much about children's portraits, but I think if you, the subject, and the client is happy with the final image, then whatever you've done is okay.

The reason I slightly softened the images is because I tried to tone down the redness from wind burn on her top lip but I couldnt get it to where I would have liked.

If they are thinking about playboy looking at photos of kids, thats their problem. Just try not to cut to many heads as in #5 and 6.

Most reactions

Back