I am just wondering

heavenlymom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.countlessmemoriesphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really hope I word this right and please forgive me if I don't as I am not sure how to ask this without possibly making someone mad but it's been bugging me. I was trained at JC penny, target, olan mills etc. and so I am trying to break out of the routine commercial photography ways of doing things. I am still learning about lighting and well everything. For those cities that have all the commercial studios around them like those places, how do you sell yourself and market yourself to bring people to you instead of the commercial places for studio photography? I mean when you compare prices the commercial studio's have the lowest. I can't begin to imagine selling print packages for $4 and up like they do. I know there is a lot of differences from the time you get to spend, getting person in their lives and getting the portraits they want, the work that goes in to it and etc.
But when marketing how can you draw people to come to you rather than them?? Again I am really sorry if I have upset anyone it's just something that I have been wondering about.

Great article Big Mike. Thanks for posting it. This is what I have a hard time getting prospective clients to realize. Most people with kids, for instance, know they can run on down to the "Picture People" at the mall, and walk away with a free 8X10. Blech. *shakes head*

Most reactions

New Topics

Back