What's new

I don't do Landscapes (but I did anyway)

NateS

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 27, 2007
Messages
2,750
Reaction score
39
Location
Missouri
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really haven't done much of any Landscape photography before but thought I'd give it a try this evening. Please let me know your thoughts and c&c always welcomed.

2008-08-23_11.jpg


2008-08-23_13.jpg


2008-08-23_18.jpg


My first ever Pano (sorry so small....blame photobucket)
pano.jpg
 
C&C per req:

I like the compositional elements in all of them, esp 1 and 2. Both seem just a little bit under-exposed to me however. #3 is nice, but for the dark area image right. All of them are suffering from over-exposed and relatively featureless skies. It looks like you've done a good job of saving what you could in post, but this is the perfect example of where a couple of stops of grad-nd filter would have save the day. Nice job on the pan, but again, a bit under-exposed.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John
 
great work.....i would have to agree on tirediron...your images seems a little underexposed....great work.
 
Thanks guys. I agree that they are a little underexposed....that was merely my feeble attempt at avoiding a blown out sky. I guess trying to compromise between a decent sky and decent foreground. I really do need to get a Grad ND to get it right, just not sure if it's worth the money since this isn't my normal types of photos.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom