i finally got out!!! outdoor photos C&C

zandman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
zandz.multiply.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this is my 2nd film roll that i bought after i got the other one developed, 24 shots 100asa.
all the photos were taken outside not like the other one that just revolved around my room. so far i think i got the settings right this time. c&c would be so much appreciated. :wink::wink::wink:
393373r102913012cv7.jpg

393373r103315014ek9.jpg

393373r103516015rp2.jpg

393373r104119018gg7.jpg

Last edited:
13 images is really rather too many upon which to provide effective critique in one post. May I suggest you narrow it down to a more reasonable 3-5 images?

Hey, in this case I was waiting for you to come first, tirediron, wondering if you'd really take out the time to individually comment on 12 photos, which I felt all unwilling to do myself, but I see you suggest to the "zandman" he only post 3 to 5 pics for critiquing - just what I was thinking, too! Actually, when I started scrolling down, I thought by myself "Hey, please! Let it NOT be ALL the 24 pics out of the second roll of film!" It was "only" half of it...

Zandman, my overall thoughts were: while in some you work nicely with a wide open aperture and selective focus and all that, composition still is what needs most work here. The only photo that appeals to me instantly is that of your camera case.

Hey, in this case I was waiting for you to come first, tirediron, wondering if you'd really take out the time to individually comment on 12 photos, which I felt all unwilling to do myself, but I see you suggest to the "zandman" he only post 3 to 5 pics for critiquing - just what I was thinking, too! Actually, when I started scrolling down, I thought by myself "Hey, please! Let it NOT be ALL the 24 pics out of the second roll of film!" It was "only" half of it...

Zandman, my overall thoughts were: while in some you work nicely with a wide open aperture and selective focus and all that, composition still is what needs most work here. The only photo that appeals to me instantly is that of your camera case.

sorry about the too many photos, anyway, there's the photos i selected to be critiqued, when i saw ur post i already finished deleting other photos and unfortunately the photo of the camera case went to the trash.
i'm still not use on using the camera so a lil' more practice i guess for me.
but i find this more interesting than my dslr, :)

To be honest... they're not bad... but not really all that interesting either. (by the way... numbering them is usually a good idea as well)

#1 object on bottom left is very distracting. I'm also not entirely sure what the subject is. Is it the path thing.. or the bench? this shot could also have benefited from a different, more unusual, perspective.

#2 I'm assuming the plant clump is the subject. Here the background with all the cars is also quite distracting. As is said, in painting the decision is what to put on the canvas, in photography it's what to leave out of the shot. The cars should definitely be left out.

#3 I think this would have been your best shot of the five you have left on here. The background is rather clean, and the subject is clear. However, I do not see one part of the flower that is in sharp focus.

#4 The exposure and the colors are both good, however, the car on the bottom right is distracting... Either more of the house or none of it probably would have been good. Again, I'm not entirely sure what the subject was of this photo.

I know you were probably taking these while walking around in your yard, and so it's hard to critique them well. It's also often hard to find a good subject to take the photos of. Thus take these comments with a grain of salt... just my .02 your mileage may vary

To be honest... they're not bad... but not really all that interesting either. (by the way... numbering them is usually a good idea as well)

#1 object on bottom left is very distracting. I'm also not entirely sure what the subject is. Is it the path thing.. or the bench? this shot could also have benefited from a different, more unusual, perspective.

#2 I'm assuming the plant clump is the subject. Here the background with all the cars is also quite distracting. As is said, in painting the decision is what to put on the canvas, in photography it's what to leave out of the shot. The cars should definitely be left out.

#3 I think this would have been your best shot of the five you have left on here. The background is rather clean, and the subject is clear. However, I do not see one part of the flower that is in sharp focus.

#4 The exposure and the colors are both good, however, the car on the bottom right is distracting... Either more of the house or none of it probably would have been good. Again, I'm not entirely sure what the subject was of this photo.

I know you were probably taking these while walking around in your yard, and so it's hard to critique them well. It's also often hard to find a good subject to take the photos of. Thus take these comments with a grain of salt... just my .02 your mileage may vary

thanks, appreciated much, :)

Nate's comments are pretty much exactly what I would have said. Keep at it!

Although I see he forgot the hyphen in the sig line! :wink:

Most reactions

Back