I had free portrait shoots set up for the weekend and all the models flaked out...

...should I do it or say no?

Schedule it then cancel at the last minute.

When I saw the thread title I thought there weren't going to be any hawt model pics. Thanks for not disappointing! I like the first one better, lighting seems off in #2, mostly on your face, seems a little darker than the rest of your body.

Other than that, what MissCream said. :sexywink:

LOL...on the reschedule and cancel...

Yeah I felt the same way about the lighting on the second one as well after looking at it for awhile yesterday...it bothered me enough that I did a re-edit but didn't have time to post! :) Glad someone else sees that too!

I'm still learning so maybe this is obvious, but did you blur the background in post or not? I ask because it doesn't look natural to me, I can't put my figure on it but something doesn't look to me like bokeh normally looks. (if that is the correct use of the term bokeh). Anyway I am not saying there is anything wrong it just looks different.

I didn't do anything with the background in post processing...the only thing that was done to the background was sharpening - which was done to the photo as a whole...this background seems to be a character trait of the 50mm f1.4G :) which is one of the main reasons why I got this lens and LOVE it!

I really don't care for the look of the bokeh, it looks jittery rather than smooth & creamy.

And yes, when you have a 'free' shoot, whether it's models or a family portrait...don't be surprised when they flake out. Depending on the situation, I'd suggest either charging them a little something or paying them a little something.

I really don't care for the look of the bokeh, it looks jittery rather than smooth & creamy.

And yes, when you have a 'free' shoot, whether it's models or a family portrait...don't be surprised when they flake out. Depending on the situation, I'd suggest either charging them a little something or paying them a little something.

I used to feel the same way about this bokeh effect as well because I always thought that a good background for portraits or good bokeh can only be smooth and creamy but I think it grew on me the more I look at it...I really started to like it more and I don't think I'll be going back to smooth and creamy, not for awhile anyways. I think it's a little different from the norm and I'm liking that! :) expanding my horizons for now. Lol.

yeah.. what lens is it anyway?

Bike MIke, as much as I respect your expertise, I have to disagree with you when you say the bokeh looks jittery rather than smooth and creamy; I disagree, and think it looks jittery.

Yes, at first, I thought it was taken with the mirror lens like the one from Tamron.

Bike MIke, as much as I respect your expertise, I have to disagree with you when you say the bokeh looks jittery rather than smooth and creamy; I disagree, and think it looks jittery.

Ok...I'm lost...isn't that the same thing Big Mike said in his original post?

Same comment, but with added emphasis...

I can't see the first photo, wtf? Why is it that I can see the 2nd one but not the first?? Anywho- you're beautiful and should consider being in front of the camera more :).

i think you should spend more time IN FRONT of the camera rather than IN BACK, not to say you're not a good photographer, but.. you know :lovey:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back