I hardly did any photoshopping here at all...

EJBPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
And I'm usually a big photoshopper. I wanted to increase the contrast to have more blacks, but I sort of liked the smokiness of it and I didn't want the house to completely disappear in the background. I liked it being vaguely back there.

What do you think?

2liuckl.jpg

I knew the main critique would be the sharpening of the tree, but it was just what was most pleasing to my eye was the photographer :) I enjoy it like that, which i guess is what is important. And power lines have never bothered me in photographs. Sometimes you can use them to your advantage to get the eye moving. Not necessarily here.

My main personal critique is not ha ving enough light on the lower half of the photograph.

Well, if this had been mine, I'd have been happy about the backlit branches in the lower, dark part, they stand out to me most, and might have sought means to enhance that effect just a little (I like to use PS in minute quantities most of the time), while at the same time I might have tried to selectively work on the hot spot, too, to make it less hot.

All in all, though, I like the haziness, yes.
I'm not all that sure I'd have gone that far into sharpening, but that is your choice and your choice only. But the branches get white lines dancing right next to them and I find that effect a bit hard on my (admittedly already old) eyes.

Most reactions

Back