What's new

I hardly did any photoshopping here at all...

EJBPhoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 13, 2005
Messages
492
Reaction score
13
And I'm usually a big photoshopper. I wanted to increase the contrast to have more blacks, but I sort of liked the smokiness of it and I didn't want the house to completely disappear in the background. I liked it being vaguely back there.

What do you think?

2liuckl.jpg
 
Im guessing you sharpened it?

Looks a little too sharp, apart from that and the telephone lines its awsome.
 
i kinda like it, but i think its a bit overexposed and oversharpened,
you could adjust the alfa on the top layer,
maby take down the opacity to 30, that should take care of some of the "problems".
 
The line the line all the little lines they got to go!
 
I knew the main critique would be the sharpening of the tree, but it was just what was most pleasing to my eye was the photographer :) I enjoy it like that, which i guess is what is important. And power lines have never bothered me in photographs. Sometimes you can use them to your advantage to get the eye moving. Not necessarily here.

My main personal critique is not ha ving enough light on the lower half of the photograph.
 
Well, if this had been mine, I'd have been happy about the backlit branches in the lower, dark part, they stand out to me most, and might have sought means to enhance that effect just a little (I like to use PS in minute quantities most of the time), while at the same time I might have tried to selectively work on the hot spot, too, to make it less hot.

All in all, though, I like the haziness, yes.
I'm not all that sure I'd have gone that far into sharpening, but that is your choice and your choice only. But the branches get white lines dancing right next to them and I find that effect a bit hard on my (admittedly already old) eyes.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom